PDA

View Full Version : APU Start question

Suggy
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Hello Roberto.

When you press the APU Master switch, do you have to wait for the 'Flap Open' annunciator to appear before you press the APU Start switch? Or can/do you press the APU Start switch immediately after the APU Master switch and let the electronics wait for the flap to open before it starts the APU?

Regards,

Darren

Michael Carter
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Which aircraft?

Bob Reed
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Just a guess, but if he asking Roberto.. A320.... Do I get the prize? Am I right?

Trevor Hale
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I am sure the answer is Master. (Wait) Then Start.

If I am not mistaken if you push the Start Button nothing will happen until the Master is on and Flap is open.

That would be my guess. Lets see what the real bus driver has to say :)

Michael Carter
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I couldn't even guess on a Bus.

On the 727 you just turn on the battery and flip the toggle.

dodiano
04-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Hey Guys,

Actually you press one (APU MASTER) , and then the other (APU Starter) only you have to keep it pressed a bit sometimes cause it doesn`t immediattelly enter... And Flap sometimes takes a while to open in certain APU`s... Is weird cause on the older planes APU`S are better than newer planes not sure why but they are not as good as the old ones and we tend to have autoshutdowns and stuff like that a lot!

Hope it helps!

Roberto

Suggy
04-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Hello Roberto and thanks for the reply although it is not what I was quite looking for! :-)

What I am asking is, do you (can you) press the Master switch and then immediately the Start switch even though the flap hasn't opened yet.

In other words, does the system realise you have pressed the Start button with the flap not yet open and will automatically start the APU once the flap has opened. This then would take away the requirement of the pilot (FO) of having to monitor whether the flap has opened before pressing the Start button. This would then release the pilot to concentrate on doing something else e.g. chatting up the air stewardess :-)

I hope this makes sense!

Regards,

Darren

dodiano
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Hello Roberto and thanks for the reply although it is not what I was quite looking for! :-)

What I am asking is, do you (can you) press the Master switch and then immediately the Start switch even though the flap hasn't opened yet.

In other words, does the system realise you have pressed the Start button with the flap not yet open and will automatically start the APU once the flap has opened. This then would take away the requirement of the pilot (FO) of having to monitor whether the flap has opened before pressing the Start button. This would then release the pilot to concentrate on doing something else e.g. chatting up the air stewardess :-)

I hope this makes sense!

Regards,

Darren

Yes Darren you can immediattelly hit the start Switch after the master is pressed although it will not lit tilla couple of seconds later... The APU page will be displayed... some of the flap will take quite a while to open but you don`t have to really monitor it at that time you are wxiting the Runway and yolu rather be monitoring the Traffic around you... Plus if there is a shutdown it will be automatic

Take care,

Roberto