PDA

View Full Version : Another new 737ng driver

mpl330
04-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Yet another 737 builder this time from Yorkshire in England. I've been planning my components for a while now but then an opportunity presented itself to go for the build 'big style' so all my plans went out of the window :eek:
My new plan is now to get the TQ and Pedestal working but due to my purchase I dont quite know what interface cards I have:-?
Anyone with Symulatory experience please help:p
Regards
Mike

Trevor Hale
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, Mike.

I am sure you have heard the tale.. Go big or go home.. Thats a good model buddy. Glad to see you. Can't wait to see the progress of the opportunity that presented itself. Many users here have been using the Simulatory equipment. Many are very happy with it, and their level of support is good.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Please feel free to post in the gallery and ask questions. Once I figure out your English accent in your typing I will be good to go.... :)

Welcome to the community.

Trev

mpl330
04-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Trouble is, even others in the UK have trouble understanding the Yorkshire dialect....;)
I've a few photos lined up ready to upload - just need to work out how to adjust the image to get them to meet the criteria - what does anyone use to edit to get them to fit the 800x600 criteria? I tried 'paint' and they just ended up with a large border around the smaller image...
Cheers
Mike

Trevor Hale
04-09-2007, 06:34 PM
I use the photo editor that comes with Microsoft Office, click on resize and put the 800X600 size in, and away it goes.

Can't wait to see it.

Trev

Westozy
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Aye up lad, I'll translate fer yanks if they get stuck!

Am an Aussie now but wer born int Halifax and still ave family there int Illingworth. Came ere when as 9 in '69. Am buildin a 737NG miself annits nobbut great fun. Evry one ere ill elp yer, yill see!

Gwyn

Trevor Hale
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
ROFL, That is almost as bad a cockney rhyming.

Nice one Gwyn....

Westozy
04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
I just spoke to my boss Trevor and he said it's ok to go into work to use the lathe so I'll be making the handles and pivot bush in a couple of hours. Even I'm getting excited about seeing it them finished now.

Gwyn,
Managing Director, Aerosim Solutions
Worldwide manufacturer of custom flight simulator parts!

Trevor Hale
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Gwyn....

You have no idea... I am so stoked.

mpl330
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Aye up lad, I'll translate fer yanks if they get stuck!

Am an Aussie now but wer born int Halifax and still ave family there int Illingworth. Came ere when as 9 in '69. Am buildin a 737NG miself annits nobbut great fun. Evry one ere ill elp yer, yill see!

Gwyn

Makes perfect sense to me ;)
Mike

ekezz
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
sheesh, it's about time I introduce you to Dutch

mpl330
04-10-2007, 06:02 PM
sheesh, it's about time I introduce you to Dutch

Lekker!!

I hope I got that correct - I do not want to insult anyone!:oops:
Mike

Trevor Hale
04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
LOL,

I have heard the phrase Lekka which means Cool, but never heard lekker. What does this mean?

Terry
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
The image program I have used for years is called Irfanview. >www.irfanview.com< Its free and has been able to do every modification I've ever needed to do to a picture....except for the time I needed to airbrush an old girl friend out of a few vacation pictures. But that's another story.

Just kidding,
TerryM

mpl330
04-11-2007, 03:33 AM
LOL,

I have heard the phrase Lekka which means Cool, but never heard lekker. What does this mean?

I was hoping it meant 'Nice' - my South African friends used to say it a lot and figured it would be the same (with a little help from Babelfish)...
Mike

mpl330
04-11-2007, 03:39 AM
Terry, Many thanks for the tip (Irfanview) giving it a try now and it seems to be doing the job...
Cheers
Mike

Trevor Hale
04-11-2007, 07:51 AM
I was hoping it meant 'Nice' - my South African friends used to say it a lot and figured it would be the same (with a little help from Babelfish)...
Mike

LOL,

I was born in Zimbabwe, Africa You did good researching that :)

mpl330
04-11-2007, 08:13 AM
LOL,

I was born in Zimbabwe, Africa You did good researching that :)

Such a beautiful country... Spent some of my honeymoon there, prawns the size of fish and fantastic beef - I avoided the 'scud' beer!
Mike