PDA

View Full Version : Symulatory

Badge
03-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has any of their major components such as the throttle quad? I would like to know how well built their stuff is. It looks awesome and the owner is quick on emails.

Trevor Hale
03-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Apparently I have a couple of people have their throttle quads. They love them.

I think Bob knows some people with them. He has told me that he would like to get one, so they must be good.

Regards,

Trev

Bob Reed
03-31-2007, 10:15 PM
NicD has one Shamrock has one and yours truly will have one in about 2 weeks! And yes the guys that have them love them. Like all things I am sure there are things if the could change they would but for the most part.. I am sure some of them will pop up in here and let you know how they feel about them. I think there are may be a couple more guys on here with them as well...

NicD
04-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Yeah I've got some of their gear - TQ, MIP and overheads. Glad you got a quick response from them on email Badge ... I can tell you that hasn't always been the case for me ;) Communications can be hampered a bit by polenglish ... i.e. the Polish guys doing their best job of english. But it's ok.

So the TQ ... I did alot of research on this and it's really the only full-blown solution around at the moment ... altho there are noises from some others about producing them, and you can get a desktop kit for one in Europe somewhere.

Positives are that it's a well built unit, looks good, has light plates built in, pots built in, and all necessary switches built in (as well as the brake light). You can optionally order it with the servo motors for trim and autothrottle too. Price is also a positive ... good value for money.

Negatives are that some components lack a solid feel ... mainly the throttle levers and spoiler handle. These are made from an MDF-like composite material but would be better in a lightweight metal. Oh and mine was missing reverser lever-handles ... still waiting on them. Trim wheels are ok but could be more rigid. I guess though, when you put this in context with the price, it's still reasonable value for money. You can't expect a rock solid stainless steel type unit for this price.

A tip... be really firm and sure about despatch costs and arrangements, and insist on quality packaging as this unit is supplied almost fully assembled and you can imagine what can happen to levers etc...

hope this helps

ToTom
04-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Several photos of products:
http://www.forum.vatsim.pl/viewtopic.php?t=20336
http://www.forum.vatsim.pl/viewtopic.php?t=21619
http://www.forum.vatsim.pl/viewtopic.php?t=20535
http://www.forum.vatsim.pl/viewtopic.php?t=20340
www.totom.su.pl (Newest informations in polish only)
Regards!

Badge
04-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info I have been looking at these guys for years, I have been sent pics of so many of their parts and I love the plug and play aspect of it.

jrphcien
04-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Hello !
My name is jean-louis auger and i am in the process to complete a multifonctionnal cockpit
On the pictures of your project, you seem to have the overhead from poldragonet.
I just bought it and received it but pm system is not able to communicate with the overhead althoug fsbus 2.2 is installed and the test functions are ok as per documentation.
Do i have to change something in the pm system ini file or fsbus file ?
thank you in advance
jean-louis auger

ToTom
04-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Hello !
My name is jean-louis auger and i am in the process to complete a multifonctionnal cockpit
On the pictures of your project, you seem to have the overhead from poldragonet.
I just bought it and received it but pm system is not able to communicate with the overhead althoug fsbus 2.2 is installed and the test functions are ok as per documentation.
Do i have to change something in the pm system ini file or fsbus file ?
thank you in advance
jean-louis auger
I have bought it in parts and I built personally.
I send my files for you via mail.
Tomek

RalphW
04-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I have had the TQ for about two months now and find it exceptional value for money. I bought the "ready to go" version with autothrottle and trim motors. It was therefore a case of plug and play. To hit the TOGA button and watch the throttles advance for the first time was nearly as good as *** !

I have their overhead panel on order.

As previously noted, English is not their first language and they can be slow to respond and yes, my reverse levers were also missing and yes, they need to courier to a business address, not a home address, but in my view it is worth it.

With regard to the Throttle levers, Spoiler and Flap handles, I think I might sheet them in light thin metal to give those parts a more "solid" feel.

Hope this helps

Trevor Hale
04-04-2007, 07:51 AM
To hit the TOGA button and watch the throttles advance for the first time was nearly as good as *** !

Dude, maybe I need to switch aircraft :)

I can only imagine how excellent the auto throttle looks. Man How excellent.

RalphW
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi

Just posted a couple of Photographs in the Gallery

Ralph

Bill
04-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi.

I first stated dealing with Jakub at Symulatory nearly two years ago when I first got the overhead. It is of good quality, got switches and led's with it, though I'm still wiring it!
I then ordered a completed automated TQ, broken reverser when it arrived. I also had trouble with the gearwheels and sent it back - with my own packaging. The Boeing TQ is pretty damned complex inside as far as the gearing is concerned, unlike the Airbus - I'd hate to pull it apart! It was soon sorted, tested and returned, and have been pleased since, also a more robust wheel brake lever was fitted.
For the price, I would think very hard to beat. Jakub does show concern when things aren't right, and has been very pleasant to deal with.

Bill Scott

mpl330
04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys,
I have just "inherited" a full set of Symulatory gear (MIP, TQ, Pedestal, FMC and OH :mrgreen: ) but unfortunately non of it came with any instructions so I am a little unsure how to connect it all up and get it working. It seems that the TQ, Pedestal and OH are all wired up but I have a couple of cards not connected to anything and the pedestal looks as though it just needs a molex power connecter plugging in and the USB plugging into the pc.
Does anyone out there have any instructions they could scan and email?
Anyone know what software I should install to use these units?
Any help would be really appreciated as its all sat there ready to go but looking rather lifeless at the moment :(

Many thanks
Mike

Bob Reed
04-09-2007, 11:25 AM
And I know there will be pictures to follow??!!!! There should be someone here who can give you a few pointers on how to hook it all up.

mpl330
04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh yes I will be taking photo's as I go along - may be a slight delay as I am supposed to be moving house so I cant set up the full cockpit where I am now :( but will try get the pedestal & TQ going prior to my move, in theory I guess these should be strightforward (if I can find the right software to use to interface) as they should use the standard FS commands...???
I know I will need PM Systems for the OH (unless I go down the key2mouse route with PMDG) but I havent got any of the PM software yet, I hope I can use the TQ and Pedestal with PMDG without too much trauma and then get going on the 'full setup' once I have moved and got PM :mrgreen:
Cheers
Mike

Bob Reed
04-09-2007, 02:54 PM
The throttle works with FS so I would think there would be no problem getting that going with PMDG. I would think the radios and ext should all work through FS too. Sounds like you are going to have a great project.

NicD
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
As far as I know the standard interfacing that comes with their gear is FSBUS. Sorry - but I don't know much about that system, and I'm not sure it's widely available anymore?

Of course, you could interface it with any cards you like ... FDT, Open Cockpits, FDS etc...

mpl330
04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi Guys,
I've been in touch with a couple of guys from Symulatory, super fast response times, so I will keep you updated on how we go on.
I'm planning on getting the TQ and Pedestal working first as a test with standard FS and have some photos ready to upload of my 'old' FS setup and some of the Symulatory gear, just love that TQ :mrgreen:
Cheers
Mike

Trevor Hale
04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry Mike,

But I have been dying to ask. How exactly did you inherit all that stuff. ROFL!

Thats a good score.

Trev

mpl330
04-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Hi Trevor,

My 93 year old Grandmother always wanted to fly so decided to build her own - unfortunately she didnt like the flight model of the default 737 so said stick it ;)

In reality perhaps 'inherited' was not quite the right word for 'bought off ebay' but the guy who I bought it off was planning on creating a fantastic sim, he even had a couple of refurbished 737 pilot seats that were amazing, he is moving abroad so had to sell (all the best Andy on your trip) so I have to do the gear justice, he wanted it to go to a good home.

Had another update from the guys at Symulatory - they have sent me a load of info that I needed on how to connect it all together :D
Mike

Trevor Hale
04-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Fantastic.

I knew there had to be a story there somewhere. :)

Glad to hear your putting it to good use.

Trev