PDA

View Full Version : wiring up ch pedals to joystick

bindook
03-24-2007, 08:06 AM
This 1 has got me stumped, i want to wire up ch pedals to the saitek joystick rudder connections, but having a bit of trouble working out the wiring. The joystick connection has the 3 wires but i can't workout the ch wiring, i have attached a diagram for joystick A. Using pins 1, 8, 9 & 15

Thanks
Michael

Trevor Hale
03-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Michael,

I am sure I can help you with this, but first I need to know. What exactly are you trying to acomplish with this, I am sure there is bound to be an easier way,

Let me know.

Trev

bindook
03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi Trev, what i have done is reconfigured my joystick to have a A320 handgrip on it. Therefore i had to get rid of the twist (which was the rudder using a pot). What i want to do is connect my rudder pedals up to the joystick rudder (pot) .

Michael

Trevor Hale
03-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok, thats easy, however why don't you just connect the rudder peddals to the computer as a second joystick and configure it.

bindook
03-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Mmmmmmm, i've just tried connecting but won't let me......how do you connect just rudder pedals? The joystick is USB & the rudders are 15pin

Something must be wrong with the pedals as the joystick is recognized by itself but when i connect the rudder up with the joysick either on or off it's not recognized......faulty pedals?

Michael

Trevor Hale
03-24-2007, 06:17 PM
You would have to plug the 15 pin connector into your sound card. The run the cd pedals install software you can download it from their site.

You can hardwire the pedals to the joystick, but if you can make this work, your better off.

The reason it does not autodetect is because it is not USB.

If you are going to connect it to the joystick, you will need to open the pedals up, find the potentiometer for the pedals, cut the wires off of your 15 pin plug, and then solder them to the 3 wires on the joystick.

It is a lot of work, however it can be done.

Trev

PeterH
03-25-2007, 04:55 AM
This 1 has got me stumped, i want to wire up ch pedals to the saitek joystick rudder connections, but having a bit of trouble working out the wiring. The joystick connection has the 3 wires but i can't workout the ch wiring, i have attached a diagram for joystick A. Using pins 1, 8, 9 & 15

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

quite a while ago I have made a circuit diagram showing to connect a non ch flightstick together with the gameport version of the CH Pro Pedals and having the toe brakes enabled.
So you donīt need to open neither the flightstick nor the pedals. Just solder the adapter as per wiring diagram.

Uploaded that circuit diagram to flightsim.com today.

Hope this will help

Best rgds

Peter

Trevor Hale
03-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Peter,

Unfortunatly His Joystick is USB

Your diagram is fantastic. It would work excellent if both the joystick and the pedals were Gameport versions.

Regards,

Trev

bindook
03-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Hi Peter & Trev, thanks for all that will have to look into all & find the best & easiest option.

Michael