PDA

View Full Version : PM systems and Flight Illusion Instruments

Hans Krohn
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi,

yesterday I tried to make two instruments from Flight Illusion (APU-EGT and Fuel Temp) work with PM-systems, with no luck.

The instruments are recognized by the FI software and I can move the needles. The Flight Illusion software has a Halt and a Start button. As long as Halt is active, the FI Instruments are recognized by PM-Systems. If I press Start (after PM-Systems has loaded), I get an error message, saying that the port is in use or not assigned.

If I first press Start in the FI software and than start PM systems, the instruments are not recognized at all.

I have latest FI drivers installed. PMS is V98.

Anyone has any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance,

Hans

Bob Reed
03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey Hans. Have you told PMSystems that the gauges are hooked up?

Hans Krohn
03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi Bob,

yes, I have, in the flightillusion.ini file.

Just did some research on the FlightIllusion forum: it looks like there was an issue with the FI instruments in PM-S build98. It was corrected in interim build 99c. I just downloaded that and tonite I'll see if it works...

Take care,
Hans

Olympic260
03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi Bob,

It was corrected in interim build 99c. I

Hans Do you mean build 99b? Because I can not see anywhere 99c..

dnoize
03-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Do you have the standby instruments connected to the same interface card ?

Stef

Hans Krohn
03-20-2007, 06:04 AM
Chris:

yes, I meant 99b. Sorry...

Hans

Hans Krohn
03-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Stef:

Sofar, I have only connected 2 OHP instruments, i.e. APU-EGT and Fuel Temp. They are daisy-chained, with one of them connected to the interface card.

After switching to Build 99b they work now and are recognized by PM-systems.

But there is still one problem: The Fuel Temp. gauge indicates exactly 20 deg. less than what PM-S shows on the screen.

Anyone has an idea why that happens. Maybe some changes in the flightillusion.ini file would fix it? If yes, what should be changed? Sofar, I have not modified that file (only removed the "//" in front of the two instruments I have connected.

Best regards,
Hans

James Twomey
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Hans,

That is interesting, I was noticing that with my Flight Illusion gage as well! I thought that there was something wrong with the way in which I had set it up. I guess that I should send FI a e-mail and see what they have to say.

James

Hans Krohn
03-24-2007, 01:37 PM
James,

it looks like they have nothing to say. I am quite dissapointed about their customer service.

But I am in touch with Thomas Richter on this. We are runing some tests and we might get to the bottom of this. I will keep you posted. Most likely, I will have news by tomorrow!

Take care,
Hans

pylet
03-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I haven't bought those gauges yet but am wondering if it may be a difference in reading Celcius and Farenheit. Are they reading and reporting in the same format? Just trying to throw some thoughts out there to help. Good luck.

Hans Krohn
03-26-2007, 03:24 AM
I think the original is in Celsius. Anyway, you could probabely make and pring your own scale in Farenheit, if you want. It's a question of simple conversion.

Hans