PDA

View Full Version : Westozy's glareshield

Westozy
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi guys, there's new pics in my album of yesterdays 12 hour session completing the glareshield structure, I'm going to be peeling contact cement from my hands for weeks. This work cost me AUD$40 plus four Crown lagers and a pizza!

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=547&page=5 - see the last 3 pics.

Gwyn

Michael Carter
03-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Looking good there Gwyn.

I just started on my glareshield today. I was debating about buying one from a 727-200, but I couldn't bring myself to hack off a third of it for my sim. Mine is a single-seater.

I'm going to do it the hard (but cheap) way instead.

Good job!

BlackWidow
03-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Very nice work

Bob Reed
03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Very nice work. I am still waitng for the drawings! ;)

Westozy
03-17-2007, 03:38 AM
My drawings of the glareshield wouldn't be much use to you Bob as they were only preliminary sketches and I completed the job mostly 'on the fly'. The new pics in my album are a much better source of detail.

I'll email my sketches and you can see for yourself.

Gwyn

Michael Carter
03-17-2007, 08:28 AM
It always amazes me how much we can accomplish without having an exact set of diagrams or blueprints to follow while building some of this stuff.

Things turn out pretty well most of the time having a good set of reference photos and maybe a couple of measurements for reference.:smile:

Westozy
03-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I have had a real 737NG Captain from Virgin Blue airlines visit my sim a couple of times and he invited me onto the flight deck on one of his trips to Perth, new years day. I went armed with the camera and tape measure and got all the details and pics from the real thing. Captain John wouldn't let me take the 737 for a spin though, downer. So I didn't let him drive my Toyota on the way back home!

Gwyn