PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake

Terry
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
This is my first post here but while lurking I have noticed how friendly and helpful everyone is. This is a great forum.

I'm in the last stages of building an EMB 170 style parking brake and I'm trying to determine the length of the handle. Every picture I can find of it is taken from the same angle (Cockpit Door) and none seem to have something near it I can use as a reference. I am guessing it is about 4 inches (100mm) but it could be as short as 3" or as long as 5+".

If anyone knows the size or can point me to some pictures of the pedestal take from the side I would be most thankful.

I am going to have the same problem (dimensions running front to back) on my next project, the throttle.

Thanks in advance,
Terry

Bob Reed
03-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi Terry and welcome. I side shot of the pedestal is a hard one! There is no room off to the side to get a shot! But there might be someone here who can help ya! We have lots of knowledgeable people here! Do you have some pics for us to see??!! Huh??!!

bindook
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi Terry,
my first port of call for info of flight decks is www.airliners.net & by what i can see is it is about the lenght of your hand with your thumb in front which for me is about 100mm ( & i have big hands!!!!)

Michael