PDA

View Full Version : A question LCD touch screen

visualchaosfx
03-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I was just wondering if a computer touch screen could be used as the overhead panel? Ya know, like say, I wanted to turn on the left and right X Feed by touching the screen. Is there a way to program it?

AndyT
03-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Just mount it in your overhead and use it as another monitor with the overhead displayed on it. Then with the touch screen software loaded, you only have to touch the monitor to activate buttons and or switches.

visualchaosfx
03-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Just mount it in your overhead and use it as another monitor with the overhead displayed on it. Then with the touch screen software loaded, you only have to touch the monitor to activate buttons and or switches.

Oh ok. I thought maybe there was some type of programming involved because, for example, the demand pumps. To turn on you would right click and to turn on you would left click.

AndyT
03-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Usually when you have a switch on the screen you just click to flip it to the other position. If you have a rotary encoder on the screen, FS has it set up so that you click one side to increase and the other side to decrease. You would just touch on the side that you need.

visualchaosfx
03-05-2007, 03:29 AM
I was thinking of getting this:

http://www.magictouch.com/addon.html

This should work.