PDA

View Full Version : A fspassenger question

visualchaosfx
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I was just curious to know if anyone on here has used or currently using this software? It seems like a good peice of software however, the only thing that turns me off to buying this is the fact that you cannot save in midflight if your doing a flight thats more than 3 hrs.

FSP: Sorry I tried hard during weeks to have this feature up because the Fs SDK doesn't allow that.
Finally I found the workaround by calling Fs's save/restore code directly and it worked for me. Problem it didn't worked for most beta tester and the problem seem to come from the Fs restore code.

A problem that you have only on some computer and not for you is almost impossible to debug, also even Fs himself have problem to restore aircraft that have complex panel from time to time.

So a save/restore that you can't trust 100% is absolutely impossible to add, so I disabled this code.

Good things anyway: a save/restore would destroy the purpose of FsP:
Adding realism while giving you stress and concern during your flight. If you were able to save and restore, there is the opportunity to cheat and this would reduce the challenge.

I'd like to add some realism to flying the PMDG 747 but this addon just isn't making me want to purchase it ya know.

Your thoughts?

AndyT
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM
I like this add-on. And just as it says, being able to pause or save and restore would give you the option to 'cheat'. I understand that we all do not have 4 or 5 hours at once to sit in our sims and fly, but then you don't have to schedule long runs when you use it either.

A built sim cockpit with FS-Pax and either VATSIM or VOX ATC is just about as real as it gets. And if you add in some motion... YEAH! :D

visualchaosfx
03-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I went ahead and already purchased the addon. Its pretty cool. I'm doing a 3hr flight from Las Vegas to Miami. Oh I wish we had warm Miami weather right now lol. So far passenger satisfaction is at 100%. So thats cool. I haven't made anybody mad yet lol. I'm trying to find out how to link the PMDG 747 seatbelt thingie with the FSP seatbelt thingie.

AndyT
03-03-2007, 01:37 AM
I dont know how PMDG does it, but if you assign the control key combo to PMDG it should work. I think its Shift+B, but I dont recall right this moment. Also, if you have a button in your sim for it, you can assign it the key combo and that way you simply flip the switch! Cool!