PDA

View Full Version : Support down?

3202b
02-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi guys, is anybody getting any replies from support? I've had nothing back for over a week now. I have loads of problems with the Airbus software but had no replies back.

dcutugno
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Just got a reply from Enrico, i think they have lot of work to correct Boeings bugs!
Before they look at Airbus :rolleyes:

3202b
02-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Well he has known about some of these problems since 4/5 weeks ago - would be nice if they brought the bus up to the same level as realism as the boeing, or at least to where basic functions such as vertical speed work - after all they were the same price.

Trevor Hale
02-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Ben,

Please remember the flip side. If PM was working on problems in the Airbus software, people with the boeing software might be saying the same thing. Project Magenta's Primary focus has always been the Boeing 737. All other's come second. Some people who have purchased the GA glass software are even in worse position then those of us with Boeing or airbus software.

I am confident that Enrico and the team are progressing, and wouldn't doubt that when they find the issue with the Boeing software a very similar fix in the Airbus softwarre will do the trick.

Please try to understand their position and support them through their unplanned dilema.

Best regards,

Trev

3202b
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi Trevor, I understand that! I was just a little concerned that basic features of the autopilot have not been working for over a month now. I paid a LOT of money for this software and I love it, the work Enrico and the rest of the team does is fantastic. I've been in touch with him tonight and hopefully he is going to look into the problems.

Trevor Hale
02-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Ben,

I agree 100% Everyone gets upset. I bought my PM Software with Canadian dollars, so in essence I spent 20% more for the software then you did, however it is important to remember that lots of people read these forums, and I wouldn't want someone getting the impression that PM software does not work and get's no support.

As a matter of fact PM Software has better support then you can get anywhere, when the developers are actually dealing with individules and their problems.

The only point I was trying to make, is please have some patience, Enrico and the Staff at PM Do great work and provide excellent support. Even though you may feel that they are ignoring you, I assure you that they do not ignore anyone.

Nobody more then Enrico wants to solve issues with the software. I would only hope that the staff at PM continues to develop the software further even though sometimes we are all negativly effected by some of the bugs.

Thanks for your understanding, and I know Enrico and PM Will solve your issue for you in a timely manner.

Best regards, and happy Simming.

Trev

3202b
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Lack of support could not be further than the truth. Hope I wasn't coming across like that! Enrico and the gang have been great helping me with the problems I've been having. They do a great job, I look forward to their future work, I've never regretted spending the money yet - I get so much enjoyment from it.

Hans Krohn
02-21-2007, 04:19 AM
I can only agree! I have purchased the full PM Boeing suite half a decade ago (...wow, how that sounds!), and during all that time support has been top notch: fast, efficient and friendly.

And anyway: what's an occasional one-month delay in the life of a cockpit builder...?

Hans

Michael Carter
02-21-2007, 04:53 AM
I wish they would have been around 20 years ago. I might have had software for the Boeing 727 instead of, or in addition to the 737.

Hans Krohn
02-21-2007, 05:40 AM
it's never too late for an upgrade :-)

Always happy landings,
Hans

Bob Reed
02-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey Skunk Works, Do you own PM software? And you do know that you can display lots of differant gauges?

nrasch0402
02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
PM Software has better support then you can get anywhere

I can testify to this. I have not yet talked my wife in to letting me buy the Project Magenta software yet. I don't even own it. I did, however, download the Boeing GC demo. I attempted to run it on my Dell Dimension 8250 (2.5 GHz, 1gb RDRAM, 128mb Radeon 9700 :( 4xAGP ) machine and it dodnt work! I e-mailed support and Enrico worked with me for the better part of 4 days to fix the problem, which incidentally was related to the dual video out settings on the video card. The program works great now! All this considering I am not officially a "customer" yet!

These guys are top notch! Well worth the wait!!! When I finally do convince the wife to give me the cash, you can bet I will be buying from PM.

Hans Krohn
02-21-2007, 12:40 PM
... just promise here a diamond ring (or a shopping trip to Paris) as a compensations and she will happily agree to your PM purchase...

:-)

Hans

nrasch0402
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I might just have to try that...at least I would get an airplane ride out of the deal!!!

Michael Carter
02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey Skunk Works, Do you own PM software? And you do know that you can display lots of differant gauges?

No, I did not know that. I was under the impression that all of this was glass cockpit software for twin-engine Boeing and Airbus aircraft.

So...this software will display analog steam-gauge type instruments like the HSI and ADI as well as pointer-needle type engine gauges and the rest for older Boeings?

I've investigates the site and looked around a bit, but I didn't see or read anything relating to this.

In fact, PM informed me they have no intentions of writing software for the 727. Even Joe down in the Bahamas with his 727 contacted PM about software for his sim. He said they wanted a King's ransom and 18-24 months time.

I'm not sure where an analog cockpit fits in with PM's software.

Trevor Hale
02-21-2007, 09:14 PM
The 767 Setup in PM is a non glass gauge setup. I am running a 3 engine aircraft, and PM is going to work great.

You do not need to use only PM gauges, you could use PM 767 Gauges and manual flightsim engine instruments. Mix and match as you please, then you have the PM MCP (autopilot and FMS) to go with you 727.. If you wanted to make it a bit more up to date.

Just my thoughts, If I were doing a 727... This is the route I would go, oh and I would also add pm systems.

Trev

Michael Carter
02-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks Trevor. I downloaded the demo and was amazed...until I read the readme.txt. Then I was just dumbfounded.

Some of that stuff is baffling. I'm not a software engineer and I'm too old to learn.

How would you go about importing analog engine gauges into PM software, or am I missing something there? I also was not able to get the type and amount of gauges I wanted on one screen.

I had trouble with trying to re-arrange the separate gauges on the "Force Boeing 767 Gauges" screen. I saw the electronic ADI and changed it to analog, but it looked like a stand-by gauge. The airspeed indicator and the HSI was OK, but I couldn't see the CDI line in the HSI. The radar altimeter tape never displayed after selecting it either.

My system passed the benchmarks by a wide margin, but I don't think all of the software was working correctly.

It looks very interesting, but I don't know if I'm smart enough to be able to use it for an aircraft it was not designed for.

Trevor Hale
02-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Positioning the gauges is explained in the manual. It takes a bit to get used to but not too bad. You would be required to backup your aircraft panel .cfg file., then modify it so the autopilot and ect is removed. Then you can add a new panel window (eg. Shift 5) and in that you can insert default flightsim gauges and rearrange them. FSPANELSTUDIO at flight 1 makes this real easy. Then when your load your aircraft you can position the undocked window (Shift 5) on one of your monitors. Basically you would be running Default or add-on gauges when you load the aircraft and pm on monitors loaded when you execute the program. It is not hard, you just need to take it one step at a time. I ran the PSS A320 for over a year by just undocking the gauges and moving them to other monitors in the sim.

That should shed some light on it.

Michael Carter
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks Trevor. I will give it some serious thought. What I really want to do is use FS Panel Studio (I've already been experimenting with a purchased copy) to create a new panel for the 727 using the DreamFleet 727 guages.

Unfortunately, the developer, Paul Golding told me the gauge file is protected and that the only access for creating another panel for the aircraft is by manually programming a panel using the SKD.

I've looked over this, but I have no idea what I'm doing. It may as well be written in Chinese as I can't fathom any of it.

I'm trying to purchase a separate license from the DF company for an unprotected gauge file for the 727 for use in FS Panel Studio. This is how I really want to complete this instrument panel.