PDA

View Full Version : Finally posted some pictures in the Gallery

Michael Carter
02-18-2007, 01:27 AM
If you'd like to see some of my progress here is the linky:

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=509

Work on the MIP has begun. I scored a center instrument panel section from a regular seller on e-Bay earlier today, and my 727 landing gear panel arrived from the UK a few days ago.

I had to replace all of the 387 bulbs in the down and locked indicators, as a surge must have gotten through to those bulbs. All of them were blown when I received the panel. Working great now, and I have the pin-out schematic worked out on the jack.

Bob Reed
02-18-2007, 01:58 AM
All I can say is NICE! Your work is excelent!

steve diamond
02-18-2007, 02:48 AM
digging around the shed i do have some 727 light plates,and about 6 real panels,i dont know what you need but would be willing to trade for some fds annuciators,drop me a line to discuss,
steve

ekezz
02-18-2007, 07:20 AM
@ Boeing Skunk Works: This is so good to look at. Makes me want to continue with my overhead and MIP. Keep the pictures coming.

Michael Carter
02-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Steve, FDS has nothing I can use for the 727 except the landing gear handle so I don't have anything from FDS, but I appreciate the offer. If you would take cash instead of a trade, what do you have? I need the far right panel from the MIP, and the panel to the left of the engine instrument panel.

FDS has good products from what I read about and see, they just don't cater to my aircraft. I'm a member of their forum and post frequently under "Michal" in the General Forum. Not to much else for me there.

On another note, the seller I bought the center instrument panel section from wrote me back encouraging me to get the engine instrument panel too. I told him I couldn't for a couple of weeks, but he said to go ahead and use the "Buy it Now" and send the payment in a couple of weeks.

That was mightly nice of him. I've bought a lot from him in the past.

Now I have the center section, the engine instrument panel, and the landing gear panel. All I need now is the far left panel and a narrow auxiliary panel to complete the instrument panel all the way over to the start of the FO's side.

Those I can make using the three panels I have as a reference. No problems!

dodiano
02-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I have an MCP it is on the classifieds in case you are interested it is a real part!!

Regards,

Roberto

Michael Carter
02-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi! I saw that on e-Bay awhile back. I'm the one who sent you the question about it. I'm Herr Walther at e-Bay.

I had thought about buying it. I really did, but I'm afraid that if my measurements were the slightest bit off I'd have to rebuild the whole Sperry 150. I didn't really want to do that.

If it would have had the back-plate, I might have bought it anyway for a future project.

dodiano
02-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh ok!! Yeah I remember you... That is fine it is there in case.

Take care,

Roberto