PDA

View Full Version : 4 Motor Servo Kit

Trevor Hale
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Guys,

If One is looking to have their throttle quadrant thrust lever's and spoiler, connected to servo's would the Phidgits 4 Motor Servo Kit include everything required?

How much software programming would be required to have the servo's respond to flightsim?

Thanks,

Trev

redman
02-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi Trev,
The Servo's needed to have enough torque to move levers, are not as part of the kit. I bought the 4 servo controller seperately, and went to a local RC hobby shop and got the servo motors.

I also bought a 0/0/4 relay board, to control power to the servos, so you ony have power connected when you want.

I also use an 8/8/8 connected up to the pots to control arm input.

Alan's FS2Phidget software will control both of these, and you just have to calibrate and define your logic. Alan is working on an update to the software that will allo for logic deicisions on servo control and hopfully this will make it much easier to determine when the servos are in control and when the power should be off (i.e. speedbrake only controlled by servo when set to armed, and the plane then is on the ground).

There are a couple of posts here recently talking about just that.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Trevor Hale
02-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Fantastic.

Thats excellent. I have actually several Futaba Servo's that I am sure would do the trick. I just wondered.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Trev
Team Member - Mycockpit.org