PDA

View Full Version : Need some help assigning a control

JBaymore
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I have a TextLCD unit that of course includes an 8/8/8 interface with it. As a test, I ordered one of the rotary packaged sensors that will plug into the analog inputs. I have added it to the 8/8/8 and it is seen in the FS2Phidget software. When I turn it, I see the value change from 1 to 1000.

I want this rotary to act as the control for the barometric pressure (correction) setting in the sim. It is now mounted on the top left of the EFIS panel on my glareshield.

My problem is that I cannot seem to figure out HOW to get it to work. Which offsets should I be using? Is the "stock" Kollsman setting variable that comes default with the FS2Phidget program the place to go? I am wanting it to control things in the US units...... like 29.92 in. Hg. and such. I can't seem to figure this out. I've looked in the FSUIPC offset list... and which one of many possibilities I should use is confusing.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

best,

...........john

alandyer
04-27-2006, 04:39 AM
John,

In the FS2Phidgets FS Editor create a SET_KOHLSMAN variable. (you can name variable anything you want:

Use following values:

Offset: 0330
Size: 2
Type: (Proportional) range of values
Lo Value: 15168
High Value: 17344
Multiplier: 1
Divisor: 1

Save settings

Assign this variable to your analog sensor.

You may have to Calibrate the sensitivity.

I obtained the high and low values by observing Raw Value in FS Editor and manipulating the kohlsman knob in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
04-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Your FS variable INI file will have an entry that looks like following after you save:
Of course, you could also copy and paste following into appropriate ini file.

[SET_KOHLSMAN]
Offset=0330
Length=2
Format=########
Multiplier=1
Divisor=1
Integer=False
WriteOnly=False
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=15168
HiValue=17344