PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cockpit Display Setting via Offset

luker
03-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a question about setting an offset in the Project Magenta glass cockpit software using fs2phidgets.

What I want to do is change the way the glass cockpit for the captain side displays. The default is to have the PFD on the left and the ND on the right.

This can be changed by using offset 04F4. However I'm not sure how to do it.

From the project magenta offset documents I found the following:

04F4
Size 2

Glass Cockpit ND Modes (Write Only) (*was* Read as well)

Sending 100+(value) controls First Officer Display (e.g. 170 enables weather on Copilot ND)
Only last three digits are used, you can use the thousands to indicate the key has been pressed again (state change), i.e. 2150 and 5150 do the same

(Values, not bits!)

10 PFD/ND -> PFD -> ND (like pressing F4,F1,F2 in GC)
11 PFD/EICAS
12 EICAS with Standby

So it would seem I have to set the value to 10. But how???

I know how to create the variable in fs2phidgets but I do not know how to assign the value to it do I define it as a "Raw Value" or a "Bitmap" or a "Range" variable etc ???? and how do I pass 10 to this ??? or 11 or 12 if I needed.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,
Luke

alandyer
03-04-2006, 12:57 PM
When you create variable set type to Digital.
Set the the On Value to 10 and the Off Value to 0.

luker
03-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Thank you for your speedy reply Alan.

Can I test this by using a dummy tab (Ctrl-T) or do I need to be physically connected to a phidget interface card ?

Many thanks
Luke

alandyer
03-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Use the Phidget Emulator (ePhidgets).
Select an Interfacekit and press on-screen momentary or toggle switches.

Press "Maintain Card List" button.
On the Card List screen press "List Card Emulators".
Add Interfacekit 8/8/8 to your card list.
Pressing "Detect Phidgets" from the main screen will display ePhidget.

Regards,
Alan.

luker
03-12-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your help. I managed to do some testing this weekend. After updating to version 3.2.2 I tried to use ePhidgets as suggested. It did not work. However I hooked up to the physical 8/8/8 and it worked ! after I had set up the variable the way you suggested.

On the ePhidgets side of things, I tried to assign the variable I had set up (which worked with the physical card). I assigned it on input 1 and then flicked the virtual switch and nothing happened. I then tried a simpler FS switch (pitot heat) which is pre-defined in FS2Phidgets and again I could not get it to work using ePhidgets but using my 8/8/8 physical card it worked as advertised.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in ePhidgets? Anyhow thanks for your help as I did manage to get everything working on the physical card.

Cheers,
Luke