PDA

View Full Version : Project Magenta EICAS with FS2PHIDGETS?

stefanloss
12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi all,

after playing around with FS2Phidgets for a while now, I start to understand how to use offsets / FSValues (still far away from really kowing it, though). :rolleyes:
Since I am planning to use Project Magenta for my homecockpit project, I would like to ask one question:

Until now, I have the demo versions of the Boeing-Software (FMC, MCP, Glass Cockpit) and PM Systems installed. When I open FS2Phidgets, I see a file with all the PMSystems functions ("pmSystems.ini"), and assigning them to a 0/16/16 inpur or output works fine. Now I would like to control some of the EFIS-functions (like the IN/HPA-changever, the NAV1/OFF/ADF1 and so on) via my Phidget card.

Will there be a separate .ini file whith the MPC-functions created when I install the full MCP software, or do I have to create these functions by myself? And if that is the case, could somebody describe me how to do that? I have read the FS2Phidgets manual several times, but I still get confused when it comes to bits, values, discretes etc.

Thanks a lot!
Stefan

alandyer
12-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Stefan,

I am sure a kind builder has got the EFIS working and can put together an EFIS.ini for us.

I have ordered EFIS panels from Dakenskys - arriving in next 2 weeks.
If you are not in a rush and can wait a week or two, you can have my EFIS.ini

pmSystems has built-in (ingeboude, ingebouwd) support for Phidgets.
You do not have to use FS2Phidgets for pmSystems - you have a choice !

Regards,
Alan.