PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 3.0.9

Chris97b
05-28-2005, 06:21 AM
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is an issue only with 3.0.9; or if I'm just doing something wrong

When I start FS2Phidget, it works fine, and I can assign in/out and they work great. The problem is, when I switch to FS for testing, and then back to FS2Phidget, I get an odd error message:

(popup box) "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy application and correct the problem" At the bottom of the box are 3 buttons: Switch to; Retry and Cancel (which is disabled / greyed out)

If I select Switch To, the focus returns to FS2Phidget, but as soon as I click anything (even the empty window (as in, not a button)) the same popup returns. Retry just causes the same error to popup again.

I'm not sure if maybe I am doing something wrong as far as things being enabled/disabled; additionally, I'm starting to think maybe FS2Phidget just doesn't like being run on the same system as FS (I have another system I can run it on, but only 1 monitor/KB (KVM) so it's kind of a pain unless I have to :) )

Running Win XP (recent re-install, no SPs yet , but SP2 will be in the next few days) FS2k4 (no update) and FSUIPC 3.47 (registered, of course)

Has anyone seen this before? If so, what was the issue?

What is the correct procedure to switch between FS and FS2Phidget? Should anything be enabled/disabled in a special order?

Thanks,
-Chris

alandyer
05-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Chris,

Are you running FS2Phidget and FS on same PC ?

Alan.

JBaymore
05-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Chris,

I am guessing.... but when you install service pack II in Win XP... I am guessing your issues will go away. And that is purely an intuitive guess.

best,

................john

Chris97b
05-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes, that was with FS and FS2Phidget on the same PC. Running FS2Phidget on another system works great. I prefer to run both on one system (only 1 monitor/KB) but this is ok too.

BTW Alan,

EXCELLENT WORK!!!!

I am absolutely floored at how easy everything was to setup. Basically just a matter of telling FS2Phidget where everything was. Had to define a few of my own offsets, and that was easy as pie also. While not a professional coder, I do dabble a little, and believe me when I say I can only imagine how mush effort you put into this. THANKS :D :D

-Chris