PDA

View Full Version : Optical Encoders with Phidget????

imported_MattO
03-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Has an gotten Optical encoders to work with Phidget?

Matt O.

phidgets
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi Matt,

Sure, I have. I have a shaft encoder wired up to the digital inputs on the 8/8/8.

http://www.usdigital.com/products/e2/

They have a whole line of encoders over there.

If I turn it too fast the 8/8/8 will miss events. They have a product called an edivider which will slow down the reporting, but I haven't tested it yet.

Having FS2Phidget understand and track the digital inputs is a WHOLE different matter :)

Not sure Alan would want to be digging into that, but what do I know????

Matt

imported_MattO
03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
In particular I'm trying to use the Grayhill Series 62B Encoder. It unusual because it has push and pull off and on. I'll attaché the link of the schematic.

http://a340project.us/db3/00283/a340project.us/_uimages/Grayhillpush-pullseries62B1.pdf

Matt O.

DanFontan
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I just ordered a 62C kind of similar except it has a momentary. I'll let you know how it reacts when I get it. It should work though can't see why not. The encoders that come as a phidget is just on and off nothing special so you would be using a regular switch instead of a momentary one.

imported_MattO
03-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Dan, I'll be very interested how it works out for you.

Currently I've got it connected it to my EPIC, and it recognizes it. Now I need to be able to code it, and so it will allow me to make it do what I want it to:)

Phidget way, would be a lot easier, and whether I use it with EPIC or Phidget. In the future the option will be there for any new builders.

I look forward to your results.

Matt O.

Pete
03-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Hi Matt,

have used Epic and encoders, if you need any help with the coding part , let me know.

Pete

imported_MattO
03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi Pete,

I can use some EPIC Code help:)

Please email me at matt@A340project.us

Matt O.