PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to buy

727simfan
12-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi all! I am finally ready to wire my sim up and have decided to go with phidgets, but I am not sure what to buy. I have a throttle quad, and many modules from the 707 & 727. Should I buy a starter kit? Thanks!

phidgets
12-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Hi,

Matt here. It's harder for me to say since I personal don't build sims :) Meaning I don't know the parts you referenced... But for switches and buttons you want to look at the 0/16/16 IFK.

If you are going to build auto throttles you'll need the 4-servo controller.

Do drive a lot of LED's you want to use the LED64.

And for analog inputs such as sliders and rotation knobs those hook up into the analog inputs on the 8/8/8.

For multi-turn rotation knobs we have the phidget encoder.

Hopr this helps get you started!

Matt

imported_Bill
12-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Hello.
I'm just about to invest in a couple of Phidgets (2 I think...)

I'm looking at putting together an overhead panel and a couple of warning lights on the main panel.
I use GoFlight modules, Project Magenta software for navigation and engine displays.

I think I need Phidgets nowas I'd like to have fuel, engine start, APU, switches etc. WITH associated lights.
Not sure how to marry my panel (to be)warning lights with a Phidget.....eg. a caution light comes on when fuel is low etc.. Can Phidget handle this and other similar events? Can a Phidget get info from the aircraft panel prog which displays the warning light on screen?
My programming is limited but am prepared to have a go..!

Sorry about all the questions due to my limited skills, but hope you can help with some.

Regards,

Bill

phidgets
12-14-2004, 09:07 PM
HI Bill,

Have you had a look at the FS2Phidget pages yet? They explain how it all works pretty well.

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/fs/fs2phidgets/flight_simulator_FS2Phidget.asp

You can view the manual link from there as well. The quick answer to all your questions is, yes :) Everything you described is what FS2Phidget and Phidgets are all about doing ;)

Thanks

Matt