PDA

View Full Version : sound and servo question?

Frank
12-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I have a few questions. I have been playing around with the fs2phidgets program and one of my projects will be a vertical speed indicator using a servo. FS give a negative number when climbing and a positive number in a decent. But my servo will only react to the positive numbers. Is there anyway to place the servo in its center position when FS gives a 0, indicating level flight, and then increase the servo on negative numbers, indicating a climb, and decrease the servo on positive numbers, indicating a decent . I hope to use servos to build my gauges and this problem occurs in both VS gauge and turn indicator gauge. My second question is about the sound, I tried this out yesterday but nothing happened , I can hear the sounds in FS but not the added sounds from FS2Phidgets, the ini file show the path to the sound and I noticed a smin=0 and smax=0. Thinking these may be volume controls I tried changing the values with no success. I plan on building several gauges and instruments using fs2phidgets and servos, but I am just testing out the electronics to see if it will work before cutting the parts and putting in the time.

Thanks for you help in advance
Frank

alandyer
12-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Frank,

What offset are you using or planning on using for V/S?

There was a bug with negative numbers that I thought I had fixed.
I am releasing 2.0.9 within next 24 hours that may fix this.

Will also take care of your sound problem.
What offset are you using to trigger sound?

Regards,
Alan.

alandyer
12-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Frank,

2.0.9 is avaliable for download.

Regards,
Alan.

Frank
12-13-2004, 10:23 PM
I was using the following offset for V/S

[VERTICAL_SPEED]
Offset=0842
Length=2
FSType=Proportional
LoValue=-16834
HiValue=16834

And tried the sound with different offsets but interested in

[ENGINE_1_START_SWITCH]
Offset=0892
Length=2

to add a start and shutdown sound to a helicopter

alandyer
12-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Frank,

Shouldn't matter what offset you assign.
It's the state of digital input.
When digital goes to true - "On" sound is triggered.
When digital input goes to false - "Off" is triggered.
Or vica versa if "invert" is set.

Have you tried 2.0.9?

Alan.

Frank
12-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Downloaded and tried 2.0.9 sound now works when FS2Phidgets is the top program and flightsim is in the background. When I switch to flightsim I get a 9 to 14 second delay before the sound is played.

alandyer
12-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Frank,

Are you running any Project Magenta software?

Alan.

Frank
12-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Yes I am running PM Reginal Jet on a independent client computer, FS2Phidgets is running on my FS computer along with goflight Equipment.