PDA

View Full Version : new 8/8/8 with new style 3 pin analog connectors

landwerlen
11-23-2004, 03:17 PM
the tutorials describe in good detail how to connect pots to the 8/8/8 card with the old 1/8 stereo jack, but nothing about the new 3 pin style. im using 50k linear pots for pitch and roll for my sim, and i am getting the following message:

power surge on hub port; the usb human interface device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port.

i dont have an external power connected to the 8/8/8 board because the web site said that was only for the 2-port usb

i suspect my problem is the way im connecting the pots to the board. thanks in advance for the help.

john

phidgets
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi John,

We are working on the new pin tutorials today actually. These have just been rolled out and we have to work through a tricky transistion where customers have both the old and the new!

It sounds like you have a short to ground going on which would cause that error. I should have a picture of the new pins today. As soon as I get it I'll post it up here for you so you can be sure of the right way to hook up your Pot.

Thanks for your patience!

Matt

landwerlen
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
i figured it out, the white striped wire is the signal. other other two wire aren't critical; if they are wrong they can be inverted by the software.

phidgets
11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Here is a picture of the new pin layout.

phidgets
11-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

The new tutorial for making custom cables to use the older jacks with the new ones is up. It can be found here:

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/tutorials/tutorial_custom_cables.asp

Happy Building!

Matt