PDA

View Full Version : Gear Handle question

wchambers
11-23-2004, 03:00 PM
I just received my 737 gear handle and wired it up the my 0/8/8 Phidget - the Phidget sees it and recognizes it but when I assign it the "gear handle" option (which is the only appropriate assignment I saw) and run it - the gear just move back to their original position - i.e. if they are down - they move up and then back down - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The gear handle assembly uses what appears to be a two way switch with a piece of metal exposed on the top that when contacted depresses a switch underneath. Thanks for you time.

Will

alandyer
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
It appears your switch is acting as a momentary switch.

wchambers
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Any way to correct this with the switch itself that you can think of? I have attached an image of the switch. Thanks in advance.

Will

Sorry for the poor quality of the image - best I could do on short notice.

imported_737nut
11-23-2004, 11:33 PM
On my real lever, one side is N/O and the other is N/C. You need to use an ohm meter and figure out which one is closed while the gear is down or up. Then wire it to that terminal and phidget will see it as a toggle.

wchambers
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks - but can I ask what is probably a dumb question - what is "N/O" and what is "N/C" - sorry I am an electronics idiot. I did, I think, discover that my Precision Flight Controls Jet Console may be conflicting and not allowing any other signal to control the gear. For example when in flight I cannot even rotate the gear using the "g" key - the console has a gear lever and I think it is controlling things even with the gear lever switch disconnected. When I disable the console's buttons functions - the key commands work. So this could be the source of my problems. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Will

imported_737nut
11-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Yes, that could cause an issue. N/O means normally open switch and N/C means Normally closed switch,, the opposite happens when you move the switch.

Make sense? ;)