PDA

View Full Version : Phidget 0/16/16

wchambers
10-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Sorry in advance for what is probably a dumb question:
Reading about the Phidget 0/16/16 and from an earlier discussion here I understand that the 0/16/16 requires the user to add power between swtiches and lights...and the ground. Is there a simple way to add power to everything (the entire board) rather than having power provided on an individual basis to each input and output. I have looked at the tutorials and see where the example has a 9 volt battery between an led and the ground. Just wondering if there is a way to power the whole board. Thanks for your time.

phidgets
10-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Yes, absolutly.

I'm attaching a schematic showing how it's done :)

Matt

wchambers
10-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks - that helps and would appear to make things a little easier and simpler. Looking at the image you attached and some other tutorials makes me need to ask a follow-up question. I see how the power to the inputs can power all of them - can a similiar power source be connected to the output end of the board to power all outpits - say leds...
Thanks for your time.

Will

phidgets
10-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi,

Yes, of course. You could use the same power supply for the whole board. Just wire the ground to each of the 2 sets of inputs and outputs (4 total).

You will have to experiment to make sure that you are supplying enough amps. I can't tell you how many since I don't know your equipment, but I'd hazard a starting guess around 3000 ma.

Matt

wchambers
12-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Any suggestions as to where I could purchase such a power supply you suggest? I want to be able to attach switches to the inputs and leds to the outputs. I am thinking this 0/16/16 may be easier than using the 0/8/8 or the LED 64 - I'm really not sure. Thanks in advance.

gokhotit
12-02-2004, 01:03 PM
I am going to use an old 200W computer power supply. I figure with all teh output circuits that it would provide more than enough to power switches, LEDs, etc. Please correct me if I am wrong.