PDA

View Full Version : Display Format for Wind Direction on the ADIRS?

Suggy
01-28-2007, 09:52 AM
In preparation for the delivery of my overhead from FDS, I have decided to display the true wind direction and speed on the ADIRS (much easier than displaying Lat and Lon). I have already configured my interface card to do that.

The question I would like to know is how is the information presented on the ADIRS?

If the true wind direction is 345 degrees at a speed of 64 knots, is it simply displayed as 34564? Or is there a gap between direction and speed (345 64). Or is it also presented with words eg. 'Wind 345 Speed 64'?

Finally, whereabouts on the ADRIS is the information presented - is justified centre of the whole display window, or justified left?

Many thanks,

Darren Sugden

dodiano
01-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Dude!! That is a hard one let me look it up for you I barelly look at that thing!! Only when we are alligning the ADIRS!! I`ll get back to you on it!

Regards,

Roberto

Suggy
01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Hehehe. I knew that was the answer I would get!!

Roberto, whilst you're learning about the ADIRS displays, the two displays in front of you once you are sat down and looking forward are called the PFD and ND. I would also recommend that you familiarise yourself with those as well whilst you're at it. You might find it could come in useful sometime :-)

If you could get the info how the wind and speed is shown in the ADIRS display I would be very grateful.

Happy flying,

Darren

Trevor Hale
01-29-2007, 09:18 AM
:-o LOL! Ouch!

dodiano
01-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Well since I still never look up to that panel cause it is not neccessary unless you are alligning this is what I got from the Book:

When the DATA Selector is in WIND: THE DISPLAY SHOWS TRUE WIND DIRECTION AND SPEED

Unfortunatelly I have to look you up how it is displayed I´m almost 90% sure it is in 4 digits for wind direction and heading well get back to you on that!

REGARDS,

Roberto

Suggy
01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks, Roberto.

I truely appreciate your effort on this one.

I have looked at photos of overheads for the A319/20 on airliners.net and they have photos showing PPOS, STS and HDG displayed on the ADIRS but not WIND. Typical!!

dodiano
01-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Ok I´m flying the 1st of February will take taht pic for you buddy!! Have some pics to share will post them later!!

Regards,

Roberto

Suggy
01-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Look forward to it!
:-)

Darren

dodiano
02-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Got the Pic of the format!! Took it today on the plane where do you want me to send it?? Maybe I could upload it to the forum??

Let me know.

Roberto

Suggy
02-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks, Roberto!! :-)

You could post it here but if it's no problem can you email me the picture at:
darren@sugden.karoo.co.uk

thanks,
Darren

dodiano
02-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Posted on the gallery buddy and sent to your E-mail!

Regards.,

Roberto

Suggy
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Roberto - I got your email.
It's exacly what I wanted.
Many many thanks for putting the time and effort in to get me the information.
:-)
You have made somebody very happy!
Once again, thank you.
Regards,
Darren