PDA

View Full Version : brakes applied allways

bbruechmann
05-24-2019, 01:22 PM
Iīve updated to JH FMGS B52 and now, once iīve started FMGS on the dedicated server, the brakes of the airplane are applied and i canīt release them in P3D (not the parking brake nor the differential brakes). Iīve reassigned the brake key in P3D but it didnīt help. Any idea what could be wrong?
Anything else seems to work correctly.

reg. Bernd

michael1508
05-25-2019, 04:58 AM
have you checked assigning it in FMGS config only ? It should not be configured in P3d.

bbruechmann
05-25-2019, 04:32 PM
have you checked assigning it in FMGS config only ? It should not be configured in P3d.

Iīve deleted the assigned keys in P3D but the brakes are still applied once the FMGS is loaded.

michael1508
05-26-2019, 02:19 AM
maybe reverse configuration in FMGS?

bbruechmann
05-26-2019, 03:08 PM
Solved!

Iīve deleted all axis-configurations in the FMGS-config and re-assigned them again. Now everything seems working correctly. At least the brakes are not applied anymore.

michael1508
10-15-2019, 07:25 PM
now I am having a similar problem.
My parking brake does not release anymore.

I am using Mobiflight. First setting of parking brake is recogniced in mobilflight and Jeehell indicates it in the ECAM status. On releasing, Mobiflight still recognices this, but in Jeehell the parking brake stays activated.

Thanks,
Michael

bbruechmann
10-16-2019, 07:27 AM
Hi Michael, it seems the cause of your issue is a different one. In my case, where the differential brakes were applied, the reason was, that the potentiometers of the my Rudderpedals where not calibrated correctly in FMGS. The axes where wrong direceted an though, when the pedals are in the zero-position, for Jeehell the brakes where applied at their maximum. After re-calibration in Jeehell everything was fine.

The parkingbrake is acting different, as a switch instead of an axis. It seems that the offset for the state of the parking brake (on/off) isnīt recognized in Jeehell. If your pb is released, are you able to taxi? If the SIM message "red text" doesnīt say "parkingbrake ON" it is released in fact. If Jeehell ECAM say itīs still ON then itīs only the parameter or offset which is not updated. I think that FMGS read those kind of parameter out of the SIM. So itīs maybe an simconnect issue or something similar.

Cheers
Bernd

michael1508
10-20-2019, 06:07 AM
no, plane doesn't move. Parking brake is physically set.

switch is using the standard p3d offset. Used to work with these settings for the last 130 years.
Now I can only activate it (offset 1). But not deactivate (offset 0) anymore.

Did anything change with P3d v4.5 or with with the latest FMGS???

Thanks,
Michael

jeehell
10-20-2019, 06:18 AM
It could be the release PRK BRK event with FSUIPC is not recognized, I need to test when I have the time...

michael1508
10-21-2019, 07:15 AM
the event is recognized in Mobiflight at least.

michael1508
10-27-2019, 06:21 PM
When I program another button with the parking brake function in FSUIPC, it is working.

When using the original switch, the release event is recognized in Mobiflight but not sent to FMGS.
When using the original switch , and programming the Standard p3d key send instead (ctrl+,) it‘s also not working

Anyone out there, who uses the latest FMGS version and can confirm that the parking brake release is working?

Thanks,
Michael

capt_pero
10-28-2019, 01:04 AM
Sure, Parking Break release is working in general. ;-)

michael1508
10-29-2019, 07:38 AM
Thanks Peter.
Are you using Mobiflight to trigger the parking brake?

I suspect either the Mobiflight or the FMGS update caused this.
Didn't change the config of the switch and the switch itself is working.

michael1508
11-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Hi Jeehell,

would be fantastic, if you found the time to check on this.
I made some more tests.

I swapped the commands on my switch: deactivation of parking brake now on button push and activation on button release > Activation of PB on button release still working. Deactivation of PB on button push still not working. Also tried the deactivation on another button. Same effect. So it looks, like the value 0 for this offset (0BC8) is just not identified by JL FMGS.

Or can anyone confirm, who is using the parking brake via FSUIPC offsets and with latest FMGS and P3D 4.5?

Thanks,
Michael