PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring default aircraft...

bjratchf
11-22-2017, 06:44 PM
I'm getting several errors in my log file- I was trying to figure out why certain default aircraft are ignored by VMRgenerator.

For example, the default baron:
Searching in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes ...
C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg does not contain a [fltsim.x] section
Ignored: Line Atc_model= is missing in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg

It definitely does have a fltsim.x section- I even added atc_parking_codes section to make sure it got picked up as a private aircraft.

Any way I can fix these?

kiek
11-23-2017, 05:44 AM
These are flyable aircraft, not AI Aircraft. You shouldn't use these while they are too CPU intensive.

But if you insist make sure the aircraft.cfg file has all the information that VMRgenerator needs. In the Manual you can read what and how.

bjratchf
11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Thanks for your response Kiek.

I went back and checked to see what might be missing- strangely, it says that "it does not contain a [fltsim.x] section" - yet it does. And then the next part of the log is "Ignored: Line Atc_model= is missing in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg"

But I look and Atc_model=BE58 ...

Is the program simply ignoring default p3dv4 aircraft?

kiek
11-29-2017, 01:09 PM
VMRgenerator expects the aircraft.cfg file to be coded in ANSI. However, P3Dv4 codes the aircraft files of the standard aircraft in UCS-LE.

That is why it does not recognises fltsim sections and so on...

I have to learn VMRgenerator to recognise UCS-LE coding.

Nici

bjratchf
11-30-2017, 09:38 AM
ah yes that's right, I had forgotten they changed the coding with p3dv4.