PDA

View Full Version : ParkPosGenerator Problem

mga010
04-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Would it possible to enhance the generator somewhat:

(1) It should not add vehicle parking positions as generated by ADE to the list.
(2) It should fill the unassigned "___" lots with a user defined list of airlines.

I am doing both in retro by a batch file that runs over the generated airport files. But I think it might be a good idea for all users.

Rene

kiek
04-21-2017, 03:24 AM
(1) It should not add vehicle parking positions as generated by ADE to the list.

Version 2.3 skips parking positions with a radius <= 5.5 meters. You can find that version in the full package version 5.27.

(2) It should fill the unassigned "___" lots with a user defined list of airlines.

Too complicated, I will not add that.
What the user supplies does not hold for the whole world.

In my opinion it is better too let the user update his home airports and that users share theire updated airports, like you guys in Germany do.

mga010
04-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the fix. Will try. I understand your concerns about "___".

whityini
07-14-2017, 09:16 AM
I would like to suggest another enhancement: during the scenery scan process it would be usefull to force the default sceneries to be scanned as first so this not overwrite the add-on sceneries anyhow.
As an alternative, to scan using the scenery.cfg order.
Thanks and best regards.
Andrea

kiek
07-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Hi Andrea,

I used to do that but with the arrival of P3D v4 it is no longer obvious where your sceneries are. Some may use scenery.cfg others use the addon.xml method.

That's why I have left that procedure.

You can easily do that your self by first make a run over your Simulator with the stock sceneries and then a run with path names to your add-on sceneries. The files for your add-on airports will overwrite the stock ones in the parked folder of the ParkPOsGenerator.

Or do this in one run with several folder names, and having the one with the Stock airports at the top

Nico.

whityini
07-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Yes, this is what I do right now.

The point is that there is a limited number of path that can be entered (10 I guess?) and the installation folders could be really a lot.

There is a very interesting application that could be usefull to you because, if I have well understood, create a temporary scenery config file with all the sceneries installed using scenery.cfg and addon.xml method. Maybe you already know it, the name is 'Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4'.

Thanks anyhow for the quick reply and for your special applications.

Andrea

kiek
07-14-2017, 01:27 PM
The point is that there is a limited number of path that can be entered (10 I guess?) and the installation folders could be really a lot.

Like I wrote, you can run multiple times the parkposGenerator, no problem.

the name is 'Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4'

Not applicable, ParkPosGenerator should also work for FSX...

Charlie2
07-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Hello,
I have the new parkpositiongenerator.
I have seen that there is no longer the action of suppressing the scenery directory. This way, all additional scenarios AFCAD are overwritten by default scenery and the planes are placed badly.

Thanks in advance for the answers and a solution.

Paolo

kiek
07-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Paolo,
Please read post #5 of this thread. There you will find your solution.
Nico

Charlie2
07-29-2017, 01:36 AM
Paolo,
Please read post #5 of this thread. There you will find your solution.
Nico
I just read it after post my answare. I apologize.

Paolo

Charlie2
08-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Hello Nico, is it possible have more then 7 line for the scenery path in ParkPosGenerator?

Thank you and best regards

Paolo

kiek
08-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Hi Paolo,
Why do you need that?
You can run the generator two times, then you have 14 paths...
Rgrds
Nico

kiek
08-07-2017, 05:35 AM
Hi Paolo,
Version 3.1 now provides 10 possible paths...
Nico