PDA

View Full Version : Problem with B47 WX Radar

Martena83
04-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone, I know this question has been asked a few times already but I still have a problem with the WX radar. Read/write of the wxr folder is set properly but no data is written into this folder. Do I need to set something up in AS16 as well? Do I have to tell AS16 where to write the data? People are talking about dat files in this folder but I see nothing. Could some please share his knowledge and tell me what I'm doing wrong. How does your folder look like when wx is running?
thanks a lot for your help.
Martin

spiliot
04-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Someone else reported they had the wrong version of simpatcher for their FS version causing this.

Make sure you re-install FMGS and the correct version of your FSX/P3D is selected.

EdwardInBeijing
04-14-2017, 12:48 AM
In AS configuration there are a number of options for data folders, can't remember exactly what the right one is called but it's clear when you see it. I've set ASN to export to A320FGMS/WXR and that's the folder that's shared out across the slaves.

jeehell
04-14-2017, 11:32 AM
If I remember well, it could be only one addon at a time can access WXR output from AS16/ASN.
It could be FSUIPC takes the priority (there is a LUA scrpt I think, some may use it with other addons).

JL

michael1508
04-15-2017, 03:56 AM
Hi Martin,

I have had the same effect. In my case, the simpatcher entry in dll.xms was missing. Did you check this?

Michael

Martena83
04-25-2017, 02:55 AM
Hi all,

thanks a lot for your help. at the moment there is at least some progress :) I can see the .dat files in the WX folder. But still I have no weather on the ND. But I have to try what JL and Michael said.

@JL, so there is no need to setup ASN and tell asn that the 3rd party sharing folder will be the WX folder?

Martin

michael1508
04-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Hi Martin, as far as I remember, there is no such setting in AS.
You specify the wxr folder in fmgs setup,only.

Michael

Martena83
04-26-2017, 04:55 AM
Hi Michael, there is a setting in ASN where you can locate a folder for 3rd party weather sharing. But as I learned, this is not relevant for the FMGS. I'll let you know when I have tried the other things.
Martin

OmniAtlas
04-26-2017, 09:24 AM
If I remember well, it could be only one addon at a time can access WXR output from AS16/ASN.
It could be FSUIPC takes the priority (there is a LUA scrpt I think, some may use it with other addons).

JL

Ah, JL you may be right.

I have this in the FSUIPC4.ini file and it may be the source of the problems I am having with the weather function:

ASNwxRadarPath=C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\****\****320\radar.bin

^ This is used with another program.

I will remove this and test again.

OmniAtlas
04-27-2017, 08:10 AM
I can report the weather radar works perfectly now, including sweeps in both directions. Thank you JL.

The issue was with FSUIPC interacting with ASN; you will need to remove the ASNwxRadarPath pathway in the FSUIPC config file. Problem solved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ED5ECPQAg&feature=em-upload_owner

Martena83
05-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Hi everyone, the same for me. It is working now. The weather is from eddk right now. Thanks for your help!!!http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12287&stc=1