PDA

View Full Version : RealTraffic kills my internetconnection

Jeast
04-01-2017, 06:11 AM
Hi,

When I start using RealTraffic, my router shuts my internet down. I have the feeling it has something to do with the way the programm refreshes (30/40 times a second). My router (Draytek) probably cannot handle this? All bandwidth limitation related settings are of. Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

Thank you.

Jeast

kiek
04-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Hi Jeast,

Could you be more precise? RealTraffic does not refresh at 30/40 times second, that's PSXseeconTraffic.
RealTraffic is the program that streams positions of live aircraft.

However, the amount of data that's retrieved from the internet by RealTraffic is very low, just about 160 * 120 bytes every 9 seconds. So well below your bandwith limit. Same holds for the amount of data send from PSXseeconTraffic to P3D/FSX via Simconnect.

You can use the Microsoft procexp.exe program to see what's going on.

Nico

Jeast
04-01-2017, 09:25 AM
Hi Jeast,

Could you be more precise? RealTraffic does not refresh at 30/40 times second, that's PSXseeconTraffic.
RealTraffic is the program that streams positions of live aircraft.

However, the amount of data that's retrieved from the internet by RealTraffic is very low, just about 160 * 120 bytes every 9 seconds. So well below your bandwith limit. Same holds for the amount of data send from PSXseeconTraffic to P3D/FSX via Simconnect.

You can use the Microsoft procexp.exe program to see what's going on.

Nico

Hi Nico, thanks for the quick reply.

Once the traffic starts streaming, almost immediately my router stops supplying internet to all its connected devices. Its like its overloaded. Lan is still okay, just the internet stops working. When quiting both apps the internet will come back in a minute or so.

Jeast

kiek
04-01-2017, 11:54 AM
Its like its overloaded.
That's very unlikely...imho. Maybe a virus checker problem or a firewall issue?
Nico

Jeast
04-02-2017, 05:04 AM
That's very unlikely...imho. Maybe a virus checker problem or a firewall issue?
Nico

Well, the strange thing is that its my router which kills the internet, not my pc.

kiek
04-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Well, the strange thing is that its my router which kills the internet, not my pc.
? never heard off, sorry.

kiek
05-01-2017, 05:14 AM
It seems I'm having this problem too now with my KPN Experiabox. Are there more with this problem?
Nico

qxeflyer
06-15-2017, 05:05 PM
Hi, I can confirm this problem with Realtraffic, after started it works for a few seconds maybe minutes and then it kills the internet connection. Some times it does not kill the connection but it just stops refreshing the traffic list and traffic stops from being injected, after restart it kills the internet.
It happens when flying the A320 from FSLabs, I will try another aircraft later.
This error did not happen before, I dont recall when it started.
Realtraffic and PSXSeecontraffic are updated to its latest version as of today.

Arjen ter Avest
06-16-2017, 03:53 PM
I use ORBX bob and it doesn't happen to me any longer. I had this as well, and it was due to my wifi dongle. If you use such a device make sure you have a native windows 10 compatible one, not one which is older and for which updated drivers were created. It will not affect only psxseecontraffic, but the internetconnection in general is not very stable.

qxeflyer
06-19-2017, 11:24 AM
It seems the FSLabs was the problem. Going to the aircraft options I did stop the server option, don't know why it is turned on by default. Realtraffic is working as usual now.