PDA

View Full Version : MCDU SENDKEYS VISUAL BASIC FUNCTION HELP REQUIRED

alotfont
02-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Hello JL!,

I built an MCDU using Arduino and I am trying to connect it to your MCDU software using Visual Basic .NET SendKeys function (I also tried using AUTOIT), however, the window activates but the keys are not shown. I have tried the code with other programs and it works fine. So I was wondering if you knew how could I manage to send keys to the MCDU from Visual Basic. This is the code I am using:

AppActivate("CPT MCDU") // Activates Captain MCDU window in order to send keys to it.
SendKeys.Send("A") // Sends key "A"

Thank you very much in advance!

Andrew

anzabon
02-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Hi Andrew,
why don't you try the MobiFlight software? It's especially made for use with Arduino Mega and Uno and runs very smooth and stable with FSUIPC and Jeehells FMGS. Freeware, fantastic support, easy programming and interfacing included :-)
www.mobiflight.de

Regards
Bon

alotfont
02-18-2017, 11:29 AM
Thank you very much Bon!

I didn`t know about MobiFlight, it's GREAT! , however my MCDU is cabled using a keypad configuration so instead of using 72 arduino ports I am using only 16. MobiFlight does not support (I think) the keypad configuration. Anyway I finally managed to use the FSUIPC DLL from Paul Henty in VB Net and now I am sending the arduino keystrokes successfully. I will definitely use Mobiflight for the rest of my hardware.

Thank you very much!

Andres