PDA

View Full Version : Strange issue with FSUIPC/WideClient and Jeehell A320FMGS

Mouseviator
01-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Hi

asked this Pete Dowson at simflight forums, and we did not come to any conclusion, so trying here :)

not an issue that could not be "worked around", just wondered if anyone has similar experience.

I am playing with Jeehell A320 FMGS,  I have server and two clients. Server runs Prepar3D v 3.4. According to documentation, the Jeehell software does not require FSUIPC at all, it uses SimConnect. But on client PCs, I use some other programs that utilize FSUIPC via WideClient. I thought I would start client programs using WideClient (so WideClient can close them when simulator is closed). On server I start the apps using StarterENGRUN.exe, on clients using Starter.exe. Now the strange thing is, if I start those programs using WideClient (or FSUIPC on server), only about half of the started programs will initiate connection with Jeehell FMGS Server application (PFD, ND never does). If I start the Starter applications manually or by scheduled task (after login to system), it works without issues. Like if there is some SimConnect connection limit or something like that. In all cases, the Starter apps were started using admin rights (as Preapr3D and WideClient also were started using admin rights, so the programs started by FSUIP or WideClient should have the same permissions).

Anyone have any idea why it might behave like this?

Thanks for any reply.

Oh, hope you all enjoyed Christmas and wish you all great simming year 2017.

AUA171
01-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Hi!

I experienced similiar problems with PFDs and NDs not connecting to the server.
Honestly I never used the method by starting server and clients with FSUIPC!

The way I solved the problem is, to first start all the clients and wait until they are running, especially PFDs and NDs take a while until the windows are started. Afterwards start the server and everything should be fine.

This problem pop up with version B46, but for me the procedure is now fine by starting first all clients, as I do not start it automatically.

br
Christian

Mouseviator
01-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Hi,

thank for answer. This is what I ended up with too. Starting clients first. Than server with Prepar3D and lastly Jeehell A320 FMGS on server (when I started it before Prepar3D or with Prepar3D, FSX Connect sometimes crashed). This startup is sort of solid.

It is just that I cannot understand why it cannot connect when started using WideClient, and it can when started manually. After I checked I think all possible causes (firewall is off, antivirus is off, no other programs using the required ports). Probably some "ghost in the machine" :) Would not be the first one...especially with Windows 10, I think get a new one every Tuesday :)

Mouseviator

jeehell
01-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Hi

This is strange. You say some do get connected to the server, can you elaborate? which ones? always the same ones?

JL

Mouseviator
01-26-2017, 04:26 AM
Hi,

PFD, ND and Overhead for sure did not, do not remember the other modules right now. But, on weekend, I should have some more time so will try to put here my exact configuration, so you can try reproduce.

Mouseviatior

Mouseviator
01-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Hello, here is my settings according to my today test. Tried with one client. Server computer runs Prepar3D v 3.4.18.19475, FSUIPC version: Version 4.959m (16th January 2017), A320 FMGS B46 and its IP address is 192.168.10.11

*** Starter.ini ***
[Starter]
FMGS_Server=yes
OVHD=no
FCU=no
MCDU=no
FO_MCDU=no
PFD=no
ND=no
EWD=no
SD=no
Sound=no
FO_PFD=no
FO_EFIS=no
FO_ND=no
TripleBRK=no
STBY_ASI=no
STBY_AltiFt=no
STBY_AltiM=no
STBY_Horizon=no
DDRMI=no
Clock=no
ISIS=no

HardwareConnect=yes
wideFMGS=no
wideFMGSserver=yes

AUTOclose=yes
StartMinimized=yes
Autosave=no

//ExtProg.0=c:\windows\notepad.exe
Intercom=no
softFlaps=no
softSpoilers=no
softTHRLVRs=no
softGEAR=no
SoftACP1=no
SoftACP2=no
SoftACP3=no

*** widefmgs.ini ***
[widefmgs]
port=8003
port2=8004
port3=8005
port4=8006
FSIP=127.0.0.1

*** FSUIPC.ini ***
[WideServer]
Log=Errors+
WideFSenabled=Yes
AdvertiseService=1
Port=8002
Port2=9002
!1=;Allow FS to be closed by clients. This allows to turn off the whole computer
AllowShutdown=Yes
!2=;This will send shutdown notification to clients when FS closes, telling them to close all apps they opened
AutoShutdown=Yes
RestartHotKey=78,11
ShutdownHotKey=81,11

[Programs]
RunIf1=CLOSE,C:\A320_FMGS\StarterENGRUN.exe

and to be complete, SimConnect.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.10.11</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>500</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Scope>local</Scope>
<Address>127.0.0.1</Address>
<Port>500</Port>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.10.11</Address>
<Port>9017</Port>
<DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Scope>local</Scope>
<Address>127.0.0.1</Address>
<Port>9017</Port>
<DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

From which you can see, that SimConnect (for most of the clients) should listen on port 500. The 9017 was added by A320 FMGS installer right? WideFS (eg. FSUIPC and WideClients communicates on 8002 and 9002) and WideFMGS on 8003-8006, so should be no port issue. From FSUIPC you can also see how the Starter app is started when simulator is loaded "ready to fly".

Now for the Client configuration. Client has an IP address: 192.168.10.13 and runs WideClient v6.999z2:

*** Starter.ini ****

[Starter]
FMGS_Server=no
OVHD=yes
FCU=yes
MCDU=yes
FO_MCDU=no
PFD=yes
ND=yes
EWD=no
SD=no
Sound=no
FO_PFD=no
FO_EFIS=no
FO_ND=no
TripleBRK=no
STBY_ASI=no
STBY_AltiFt=no
STBY_AltiM=no
STBY_Horizon=no
DDRMI=no
Clock=no
ISIS=no

HardwareConnect=yes
wideFMGS=yes
wideFMGSserver=no

AUTOclose=yes
StartMinimized=yes
Autosave=no

//ExtProg.0=c:\windows\notepad.exe
Intercom=no
softFlaps=yes
softSpoilers=yes
softTHRLVRs=yes
softGEAR=yes
SoftACP1=yes
SoftACP2=yes
SoftACP3=yes

*** widefmgs.ini ***
[widefmgs]
ip=192.168.10.11
port=8003
port2=8004
port3=8005
port4=8006
FSIP=192.168.10.11

*** SimConnect.ini ***

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.10.11
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

*** wideclient.ini ***
WideClient.ini:
; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details
; =====================================================

[Config]
Port=8002
Window=254,58,1192,772
Visible=Yes
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=2000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port2=9002
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
Protocol=TCP
ServerIpAddr=192.168.10.11
ReconnectMinutes=0

; -----------------------------------------------
[User]
Log=Yes
AllowShutdown=AppOnly
ButtonScreen=Yes
;RunReady1=d:\WideFS\Tools\projectFLY Pilot Tools.exe
;RunReady2=d:\XACARS for MSFS\XACARS_MSFS.exe
;RunKey1=C:\AS16_P3D\AS16.exe
RunReady1=d:\A320FMGS\Starter.exe
;!DelayReady1=5
;!DelayReady=15
CloseReady1=Yes
;CloseReady2=Yes
;CloseKey1=Yes
;CloseKey2=Yes
ShowRxFrameRate=Yes
KeySend1=RunKey1
KeySend2=RunReady1
KeySend3=RunReady2
KeySend4=CloseKey1
KeySend5=CloseReady1
KeySend6=CloseReady2

Ok. I started Prepar3D. Once flight is loaded, StarterENGRUN.exe is started and starts all required software on server. On client, wideclient gets connected and starts Starter.exe which starts defined modules on clients. Both Prepar3D and WideClient are started "As Administrator" and no A320FMGS complains about privildges as they do when I accidentaly run them as normal user. But after everything is started, the only connected modules are:

AP/FBW
OVHD
ECAMlogic
MCDU
FCU

PFD and ND will never go to connected state. Also the graphical overhead panel on client shows voltage but does not respond to anything. If I click on EXTPWR in Prepar3D, this will not reflect on overhead on client.

Now I closed the StarterENGRUN.exe on server and Starter.exe on client (all related modules are closed as they should),
leaving Prepar3D and WideClient running. Will start StarterENGRUN.exe on server and then Starter.exe on client, both manually by mouse and "As Administrator", all modules will load and when PFD and ND loads, they CONNECT also!

If I comment the automatic run of starter apps in FSUIPC and WideClient and do the same, start them manually as described above, it again CONNECTs.
And the EXTPWR test will work, the external power available will illuminate on overhead on client.

Sorry for this long post, I also don't like to read them :)

jeehell
01-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Hi,

The files seem configured correctly.
Have you tried to restart only the starter on server or on client to see if it makes a difference? (not both at the same time), it might help determine if it's a problem only on one computer.

In the chronology, does the starter on client start first, or the one on server?

JL

Mouseviator
01-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Hi,

thet start sequence with the setup I posted (which I do not see here, but it was quite long :)) is that server starts first. When Prepar3D is ready to fly, FSUIPC launches StarterENGRUN. Few seconds later, WideClient will "get connected" and will stat Starter.exe.

But on Friday, I was probably kind of lucky. When tried today, launched StarterENGRUN.exe again via setting in FSUIPC. Today, only AP/FBW got connected, OVHD and ECAMLogic did not. Then, again, on client, if Starter.exe is started using WideClient, PFD and ND will not connect.

Then tried to close Starter.exe on client, start it again manually, and PFD and ND gets connected (while OVHD and ECAMlogic are still not, since I did not start StarertENGRUN on server manually).

Does not matter if I start the app on server first, or on the client.

To summerize, if either part will get launched via FSUIPC/WideClient, some modules will not connect. Still seems to me like the programs are missing some persmissions when started using FSUIPC or WideClient.

Best regards
Mouseviator

jeehell
01-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Really strange. I do not have time to look into it before some time, but I will try to.
I can only guess a permission thing is at stake. It could be each app is somehow sandboxed and unable to reach the others... I had so many issues with that kind of things... I even had issues with networking, where my firewall would block some connections EVEN if turned off...