PDA

View Full Version : Fonts missing

Antonio Jose
01-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Hi,

I'm trying this software. It looks like the best airbus glass cockpit software, and the best, freeware.

I've installed a clean windows 10, a clean FSX and the jeehell software.
For some reason, the fonts is the PFD, ND, ECAMS displays is missing.

The font on the MCDU works fine.

Does anyone know why?

Hypnorm
01-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Hi There,

I had a similar problem that occurred after a windows update. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the Graphics Card driver. It drove me mad for days and even rolling back the update didn't fix it.

I eventually had enough and went back to Windows 7 and that fixed it.

Pretty drastic solution for me, but I was tearing my hair out!!!! If I was you, I'd be starting with my graphics card drivers.

HTH,

H

anzabon
01-10-2017, 02:06 AM
Hello Jean-Luc, hello folks,
since last sunday I'm struggling exactly with the same problem: No fonts any more on all three client PCs without both MCDUs! :(
Windows 10 system but I don't want to roll back to Windows 7 any more... Really seems to be a problem after updating Windows 10 but that goes automatically.
Hope to be this fixed soon but have no idea how to do that. Any ideas?

Best regards

Bon

asessa
01-10-2017, 11:46 AM
In your JL folder you should have 2 file

- CockpitMCDU.ttf
- CockpitScreens.ttf

Can you try to install this font (mouse right button click -> install) or copy into c:\windows\font

Hypnorm
01-10-2017, 10:52 PM
My guess would be that they are already there. With my issue they were. I uninstalled and reinstalled them to no avail :(

My guess is still the graphics card drivers :)

I hope you find a fix .... I want to migrate all my sim computers to Win10 when I do a full rebuild later this year.

H

masterp
01-10-2017, 11:12 PM
I have just re-installed the latest B46 after Win7 installation.
However there are no font files in C:\A320FMGS folder (- CockpitMCDU.ttf - CockpitScreens.ttf) as previous version.
So the display is showing the old font, not the new font which come with the first B46 version.

@JL: is the new font has been removed from latest installer ?

anzabon
01-11-2017, 02:16 AM
I've made another fresh installation on a Windows 10 laptop with PFD, ND, EWD, SD etc. and integrated it in the network – same effect: there are no fonts. I don't think that this issue only depends on the graphic card drivers because the laptop's system hasn't been updated yet in the last weeks and has only Intel graphics-on-board. But I'm not an expert in such things.
No flights possible any more... hope that will be fixed soon :)

Best regards

Bon

asessa
01-11-2017, 04:18 AM
I have w10 and all fonts are visible.
It's strange...

anzabon
01-11-2017, 05:02 AM
@ asessa: That's very strange indeed! Do you have all actual updates for Windows 10 and graphic drivers?

Last week the fonts have been visible yet but now they aren't. Really seems to be a problem with an update of Windows or the drivers. Hm, I cannot roll back because I only have a clean installation of Win 10.
Googling for "missing fonts after Windows 10 update" shows some threads with this issue but not at actual dates... strange

Best regards

Bon

asessa
01-11-2017, 06:56 AM
@ asessa: That's very strange indeed! Do you have all actual updates for Windows 10 and graphic drivers?

Last week the fonts have been visible yet but now they aren't. Really seems to be a problem with an update of Windows or the drivers. Hm, I cannot roll back because I only have a clean installation of Win 10.
Googling for "missing fonts after Windows 10 update" shows some threads with this issue but not at actual dates... strange

Best regards

Bon

Last update... you can see all fonts are visible

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12035&stc=1

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12034&stc=1

anzabon
01-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Hm okay, thank you.
As I can see on your screenshots you don't have OpenGL or AA activated... maybe there's the problem hosted...
I'll check that in the evening.

Best regards

Bon

asessa
01-11-2017, 08:33 AM
AA on JL ? i haven't it active

anzabon
01-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Hi guys,

simple solution for the "fonts missing" issue to fly again: there were no fonts installed by the package installer on my client PCs. I've copied the font files from an old backup (B44) to the clients - they're running fine. Maybe they are the old style fonts but it works!

Best regards

Bon

jeehell
01-13-2017, 03:02 PM
This is strange? I will check for next release!