PDA

View Full Version : AP/FBW setting

Jerec
09-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Hello everybody,

just did some flights from EDDF/EDDF to check some settings. I wonder, if anyone has figured out best settings for the AP/FBW module. Someone in the forum said some time ago, both sliders (roll&pitch) to +30, but its feeling like a pregnant cow. :/ With 0/0 the airbus is tricky to handle.
Its hard to say, what is more realistic, if you have no real airbus to test on. :)
Can anyone tell me "pilot-proofed" settings from an airbus-pilot?

Regards Henrik

OmniAtlas
09-07-2016, 04:20 AM
You shouldn't really need to touch the AP/FBW module....try adjusting from your control panel joystick settings, or modifying your joystick to provide the necessary resistance feedback.

Jerec
09-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Hello Omniatlas,

thx for your reply, but that was not my question. I have installed two halleffect-sticks with very sensitve reaction, so i donīt have to do anything on hardwareside.
My question is, if anyone has compared stick-inputs with fbw reaction in software and reality. The sliders affect the reaction time and speed of the AC.

Regards Henrik

masterp
09-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Hi Jerec,
A real pilot captain 321 confirmed that the stick movement of FMGS is much much much different compared to real-world.
So Sim is jut Sim only :)

Barrykensett
09-25-2016, 06:16 AM
In an earlier post I referred to my previous use of FS Communicator with AST and visiting pilots felt that I had got the handling about right. I queried whether it would be possible to use this with JL. Robert, the programmer of FSC replied that the JL software is accurate and I should ditch FSC but my pilot feedback does not concur.
One simple test is to apply a bank angle and pitch and let go of the stick. On the Airbus it should hold that attitude until you take it off. On a Boeing if you let go it will wash out. A bit over simplistic but it illustrates the point.
Has anyone else got real pilot feedback on the JL handling?
Barry
www.a320sim.com