PDA

View Full Version : Overhead upgrade A320

brianwilliamson
08-21-2016, 01:55 AM
Seeing that JL has done the Overhead switches that were never done on the previous sytem from PM, I decided to pull the overhead out and connect all the switches and leds up as well as re-doing the backlighting with strip led lighting.

The backlighting is 100% better than the original way that I did it with individual white leds on a perf board. As well as that, using 12 volts is a lot better than 2 to 3 volts, as any bad connections on lower voltage is a pain.

The only problem so far that I have seen is 3 of the switches on the overhead seem to have a problem, as I am unable to get the Landing Lights to switch on as well as the Nose light. They go off and then go to Auto when I check on the pictures of the overhead. The Stobe light also will not go to on.

So not sure if the InterFaceIt board is the problem or not.

Here are a couple of pics, shows how much I needed to tidy up the wiring !

Cheers.................Brian W.

OmniAtlas
08-21-2016, 03:02 AM
Looks fantastic Brian. I can see you're interfacing with the FDS card for the switches and output. What are you using for the battery voltage indicator?

Cheers,

Ben

brianwilliamson
08-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Thanks Ben, using a couple of lcd displays from Jaycar. Did have the hooked up to the led voltages, but left them disconnected for now.

..........Brian .

Geremy Britton
08-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Great job on the overhead, who supplied the panels?

brianwilliamson
08-26-2016, 06:56 PM
Thank you Geremy, I designed and built all the panels and the switches all my cnc.

Do not think I would ever go to that trouble again !

Bian W.