PDA

View Full Version : ILS not leading to middle of runway

michael1508
07-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Hi Experts,

I am still very new to JL and just performed my first couple of flights now. So maybe i am missing something. But when I am in final approach (no matter, if autopilot or manual) the ILS signal always leads me a bit to the left of the runway. Even when landing with both APs on, it'll touch down on the very left side of the runway, kind of halfway on the green.

There are no wind issues.

When I was flying the Aerosoft Airbus (before I build my home cockpit with JL), I always approached the runway perfectly centered. Is this a calibration issue within JL? FSX? Or the Navdata?

One more thing: when I turn off the AP, controlling the plane with my Joystick is working well generally. But just before touchdown it moves up very steep and corrections on the last meters to make a soft landing is hardly possible. Is this a software issue?

Thanks,
Michael

OmniAtlas
07-23-2016, 08:00 PM
Did you update the FMGS nav database?

Make sure magnetic variation is up to date. The one supplied by FSX/P3D is ancient.

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Busdriver65
07-24-2016, 07:01 AM
Micha, Schaue Bitte ins Forum www.flightx.net ich hatte das GLEICHE Problem und ist ganz einfach zu lösen. Mein Englisch ist schlecht um es hierq zu erläutern Gruss Ronny

Busdriver65
07-24-2016, 02:48 PM
http://flightx.net/index.php?thread/89985-frage-zu-jeehell-fmgs/

tuomasho
07-24-2016, 03:53 PM
Hi,

if you ever find a solution for this, please let me know also.

I have had the same problem since I installed Jeehell software. I have tried many Navigraph updates, updated magnetic data etc. Nothing has worked... I don't have a clue anymore what is wrong in my configuration. Usually the ils takes me to the left side about 5-20 meters, but sometimes more. But some of the runways works with ils. Example EFHK doesn't work on Rw 04R, 04L, 22R or 22L. But rw 33 works...

Yours

Tuomas

Busdriver65
07-24-2016, 04:39 PM
sorry for my bad englisch.

you must start the Scenery Bibliothek from P3d !! very importent !!

this Bibliothek must one the scenery.cfg new build.

regards ronny

tuomasho
07-24-2016, 04:41 PM
I am using FSX Steam edition...

OmniAtlas
07-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Hi,

if you ever find a solution for this, please let me know also.

I have had the same problem since I installed Jeehell software. I have tried many Navigraph updates, updated magnetic data etc. Nothing has worked... I don't have a clue anymore what is wrong in my configuration. Usually the ils takes me to the left side about 5-20 meters, but sometimes more. But some of the runways works with ils. Example EFHK doesn't work on Rw 04R, 04L, 22R or 22L. But rw 33 works...

Yours

Tuomas

are you using outdated/default or old scenery? If your scenery does not match real world declinations you are going to get irregularity. My only other suggestion is to try the aerosoft database.

masterp
07-25-2016, 02:09 AM
All Aircraft in FSX/P3D use the actual ILS signal provided by sceneries's AFCAD file.
Jeehell FMGS is using signal built in the database file, so if the scenery developer placed the runway at different location with real world data, then your aircraft will be out of the center line if follow the LOC signal on PFD.
In that case, I suggest to disconnect AP and fly manually to the runway.

michael1508
07-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Executed both of your tips - MagVar update and checking the scenery.cfg
Unfortunately still no improvement. Or maybe a little bit, I am not sure. But definitely still not 100% perfectly aligned to center line.

@Ronny, very interesting link! PN to you in German...

My setting is nearly the same: PFD/ND is on client pc. I also use the scenery-config tool. And my FSScenery file also showed some weird path to another plane. So I changed it. It now looks like this:

[Scenery]
scenery.cfg=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=F:\FSX\
AerosoftPath=C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare
ip=127.0.0.1

I don't know, what the last two lines refer to. What does Aerosoft has to do with Jeehell?? And I also don't know that IP adress. None within my network. Can I delete those lines?

Busdriver65
07-26-2016, 02:44 PM
habe dir per PN geantwortet
Bei weiteren Fragen bitte über flightx.net

LG

OmniAtlas
07-30-2016, 04:11 AM
Sometimes you need to check the charts if there is a localizer offset.

I was flying to Nice (hello JL), and aligned to the localizer but not to the runway 04R -- a quick look at the charts and I realized there is a 2 degree offset. San Francisco also has an offset.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11657&stc=1

Busdriver65
07-30-2016, 06:15 AM
i had the Problem on all Airports :-)

EdwardInBeijing
08-01-2016, 01:50 AM
Hi all, sorry for no response for a while, I've been travelling.

I only have the problem on Asian Airports, China, Philippines and Cambodia tested, but it seems ok on Europe. I have run the Magvar but that makes no difference. I was using Aerosoft Navdata but my subs expired and as I've not had time recently I didn't renew it.

I also had problems distributing Aerosoft to JH (It wouldn't show up in the startup screen) so for 43.3 I deleted all the Aerosoft stuff and reinstalled JH clean, then copied navdata directories to ND/PFD PC. The MCDU PC does not have navdata directories so not sure if it needs to be there.

I ran the landing elevations tool with FTX but not sure elevation has anything to do with ILS.

I also have another problem which may or may not be related where I cannot see any ARPT/VOR/NDB etc on the map only CSTR shows up, for both PF/PNF. I thought this may be because my navdata was confused but problem still exists after clean install of 43.3. This problem started a few revisions ago but again due to time I've not been able to follow it up.

michael1508
08-03-2016, 06:50 PM
I tried all your tipps from above:
- I ran the magvar update
- I tried with standard fsx airports and third party airports
- I tried with a new created scenery.cfg

But still landing left of the runway. I have no idea, what I changed. It worked fine until a month ago... :-((

PS > could it be, that it has something to do with the message "Nav accur upgrade", which I see on my ND???

I hope, anyone can still help!!!

OmniAtlas
08-04-2016, 01:14 AM
Hi all, sorry for no response for a while, I've been travelling.

I only have the problem on Asian Airports, China, Philippines and Cambodia tested, but it seems ok on Europe. I have run the Magvar but that makes no difference. I was using Aerosoft Navdata but my subs expired and as I've not had time recently I didn't renew it.

I also had problems distributing Aerosoft to JH (It wouldn't show up in the startup screen) so for 43.3 I deleted all the Aerosoft stuff and reinstalled JH clean, then copied navdata directories to ND/PFD PC. The MCDU PC does not have navdata directories so not sure if it needs to be there.

I ran the landing elevations tool with FTX but not sure elevation has anything to do with ILS.

I also have another problem which may or may not be related where I cannot see any ARPT/VOR/NDB etc on the map only CSTR shows up, for both PF/PNF. I thought this may be because my navdata was confused but problem still exists after clean install of 43.3. This problem started a few revisions ago but again due to time I've not been able to follow it up.

Have you tried rebuilding the database Edward? I don't remember off the top of my head (don't have access to my flight sim compute now) but you need to delete ? dat files and on FMGS startup it will rebuild the database.

I had the same issue until a database rebuild. To be safe I would put all AIRAC data on all client computers, including the MCDU computer.

OmniAtlas
08-04-2016, 01:15 AM
I tried all your tipps from above:
- I ran the magvar update
- I tried with standard fsx airports and third party airports
- I tried with a new created scenery.cfg

But still landing left of the runway. I have no idea, what I changed. It worked fine until a month ago... :-((

PS > could it be, that it has something to do with the message "Nav accur upgrade", which I see on my ND???

I hope, anyone can still help!!!

No, it has nothing to do with Nav accur upgrade.

Are you using FSX or P3D? Have you tried updating the navdata -- navigraph or aerosoft?

michael1508
08-04-2016, 07:34 AM
will try with an updated AIRAC (FSX / Navigraph) this evening.

michael1508
08-06-2016, 08:02 PM
YEAH! It is working!!! :-)

It was not the AIRAC Cycle. The tipp with rebuilding the database was the right one!

So what I did, was deleting the 9 bin files out of the navdata folder and then restartet FMGS. I copied the new created bin files also to my network pc's (actually only the PFD/ND PC had a navdata folder, for the MCDU and the Overhead PC I copied as well, just to be sure).

Still thinking about, where this behaviour came from, I guess FMGS got confused after I reinstalled the software to establish the complex joystick option. However, now the ILS was leading me perfectly to the center line of the runway again! And I now also see the CSTR, WP, DME etc when chosing the option in EFIS!

Thanks so much OmniAtlas! you saved my 2 week vacation, starting tommorrow. I would have gone nuts without being able to solve this!

OmniAtlas
08-07-2016, 03:32 AM
Yeah no worries :) It was JL who suggested to delete the bin files every new (major) update to rebuild the database.

Have a fun vacation -- I've just moved into the new apartment, so have to setup the sim from scratch :P

michael1508
08-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Yeah no worries :) It was JL who suggested to delete the bin files every new (major) update to rebuild the database.

Have a fun vacation -- I've just moved into the new apartment, so have to setup the sim from scratch :P

Wow, this can be nightmare, or a chance (clean up). Hope the latter :-)

Busdriver65
08-08-2016, 01:36 PM
es wird leider nicht helfen :-(