PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Flight Stick, any recommendations?

No Longer Active
06-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Hi All,

I am currently using a Wingman 3 Flight Stick in my sim, and to be honest its time I upgrade it. The Wingman grinds too much, making a horrible sound that you can feel in the grip, and the accuracy of turning, descending, ascending etc (even when tweaking the null zones) is very poor.

So I am going to buy a new stick, but with so many on the market I feel a little lost.

Was thinking the HOTAS stick due to its all metal build and detachable grip.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Flight-Stick-/191832404762?hash=item2caa1a331a:g:xh4AAOSwyjBW8Iz8

The Airbus needs a decent stick to fly!

Thanks.

Alex

iwik
06-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Alex,
A lot of the Pro's like the Logitec Extreme 3D Pro. Supposed the most realistic for Airbus.
Les

No Longer Active
06-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up, looks quite similar to my wingman, but this stick doesnt have any hall effect sensors which for the price I would of thought. Also it looks a little tricky to hold in the left hand due to the grip appearing to be very right handed. But thanks anyway!

Gregor
06-30-2016, 02:05 PM
I would take the Logitec Extreme 3D Pro and replace the stick with a replica of the real one as for example available from vier-im-pott.com.

Cheers
Greg

TheLever
07-06-2016, 06:29 AM
I am using the HOTAS. I like it, though you have to keep in mind the stick is designed for right-handed use. That means that you will have a rocker switch which poke out and you'll have to wrap your left hand around that (assuming you're doing the CPT position). Honestly, it is not such a big issue for me - but may come down to a question of the size of your palm. I think the most fun part was transitioning from flying using the right hand to using the left hand.

Thanks,
Boaz

OmniAtlas
07-15-2016, 10:38 PM
Hello, I've just received the Logitec Extreme 3D.

Comparing it to the real Airbus sidestick, I feel there still should be some added resistance.

I have a simple solution and it seems to work well -- tighten a cable tie around the rubber part at the base of the sidestick.

Solution solved, and it now feels very similar to the real deal.

Regards.

No Longer Active
07-16-2016, 07:29 AM
Hi can you elaborate more on the cable tie trick?

I am assuming that you are trying to add more tension instead of having more slack/movement?

Thanks.

Alex

OmniAtlas
07-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Yes. Just use a cable tie or a rubber band to tighten the tension at the base. Voila.

Beret
07-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Hi

Is it possible, that you can post a pics of your solution?

Thanks
Guido

OmniAtlas
07-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Its a pretty straight forward solution ---

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11642&stc=1

Beret
07-20-2016, 07:57 AM
Looks really simple. Thanks a lot.

Guido