PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions before changing to Jeehell

DocFlying
06-28-2016, 06:20 AM
Hello Flightsimmers,
i am new at this forum but an advanced flight simmer since some 30 years, starting with MSFS under Win 3.2 in the mid 80s.
But only 3 years ago i started to build my own HC as a semi-A320 cockpit with mostly standard-material, standard-electronic devices and a lot of selfmade hardware. I am using 3 computers (1 desktop with 4 monitors for front view, instruments and gauges, 1 Laptop and 1 Win10-Tablet) several Arcaze USB-Modules, LED-Drivers and Display-Drivers as interfaces and FSX with the default A321, FSUIPC, WideFS, FSC9, vasFMC and VoxATC as software. Everthing is running fine due to lots of hours of work and programming. At last i added some gauges to the default A321 with the FSX-SDK, especially additional ECAMS2 pages. Everything is running fine so far and i flew about 1200 hours and landed and started on about 100 different airports up to now.
The problems came up, when i tried to integrate a FMGS. I could install vasFMC and make the MCDU run on a 8" Windows Tablet, connected via WideFS but vasFMC does not work the way i hoped it would because some settings overrule my A321 autopilot and i donīt have access to all settings that need to be influenced.
When searching for solutions on the internet i learned about Jeehell and i am sure it could solve all my problems. I read the name several times in the past but until last week i didnīt know what a great piece of software Jeehell is and that iīd better start with it instead of doing all the work by myself. So i am on the way to switch to Jeehell, but before i do that iīd like to be sure, that i can go back to my old system in case things donīt work with Jeehell.
So i have at least 3 questions which may be answered by some experienced Jeehell user in this forum.
1. Is it possible to run an installed version of Jeehell with its A320 under FSX and switch to the default AC by simply changing the AC? That would enable me to test Jeehell without loosing all my work on the other AC.
2. What about the radios (COM and NAV) under Jeeheel?
3. Is VoxATC compatible with Jeehell? It was a great piece of work to make it run on my system and in my eyes VoxATC is the best offline ATC with speech recognition.
I read the installation-guide, user-guide and fsuipc-offset-documentation of Jeehell several times and searched this forum but couldnīt find an answer, especially to my first question. Everything else would show if i was able to test Jeehell on my hardware without loosing all the effort iīve put in the last 3 years.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Uli

jeehell
06-30-2016, 06:15 PM
hi

1. the AP/FBW will not work with the default FSX A321, not with any other model than the provided one.
2. NAV can be tuned in the MCDU, as on the real one. The backup NAV function through the RMP is not yet implemented
COMM can be used either in my software (only with compatible RMP hardware) or by any third party software
3. I do not know, I guess so but you will have to try for yourself.

the idea of the software is to be "all inclusive". So most probably yes, you will need to lose most of your previous work. But I will not lose my own last 8 years of work to help you on that...

Regards,
JL

DocFlying
07-04-2016, 03:22 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for your reply.
It was definitley not my intention to ask anyone to lose his work in order to save mine. I just wanted to be sure that a change would be worth it. By all i read about JeeHell i am pretty sure that your "all inclusive" software is a great piece of work and one of best for enthusiastic HC simmers like me.
But before an install i would like to try whether my hardware is compatible and if not if i can easily switch back to the software-package which i am using now. I just want to avoid a complete reinstall of all my software in case i need to deinstall JeeHell.
So my question was not if the default AC of FSX run with JeeHell - i read all the documentations before, as i said - i would like to know if i can switch between JeeHell and its A320 on one hand and default FSX AC and FSX/FSUIPC with the FSX offsets on the other hand. Or if JeeHell changes any parts of the FSX package which are necessary for the FSX default AC.
I know that you canīt and you wonīt give me any guarantee but i would be very grateful for any hint.

So again congratulations for your great work
and thanks in advance for a reply.

Regards

Uli

asessa
07-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Hi DocFlying, JL software doesn't change anything in fsx's packages and settings.

I think your problem will be setting all fsuipc offsets. Some offsets maybe can be shared with JL's offsets so you should backup your setting before apply JL's.

I can switch with default acft or any other, but i have to set fsuipc dedicated acft config to do it.

DocFlying
07-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Hi DocFlying, JL software doesn't change anything in fsx's packages and settings.

I think your problem will be setting all fsuipc offsets. Some offsets maybe can be shared with JL's offsets so you should backup your setting before apply JL's.

I can switch with default acft or any other, but i have to set fsuipc dedicated acft config to do it.

Hi asessa,

thanks for your hint.
I think Iīll have a try. I am sure JeeHell is worth it.
I allready made all FSUIPC settings AC-dedicated because I had some trouble with other adons in the past.

Iīll report my efforts.

Regards

Uli