PDA

View Full Version : Opencockpits MCDU and SIOC Creator

mickwilliams36
02-20-2016, 01:30 AM
Hi,

I have a Boeing (to be replaced with an Airbus version this year...hopefully) MCDU from Opencockpits which I would like to use with my FMGS A320. I've tried setting it up using SIOC Creator but have had no success. I get to the stage where I need to press LSK1, but nothing happens.

At present it's just plugged into my PC via USB, so I was wondering if I need to get a USB Key Card like this one to enable it to work, or whether it can be done as is?

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11239&stc=1

Greatly appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Mick

mickwilliams36
02-20-2016, 07:01 AM
I've had further thoughts on this and done some more reading and have now come to the conclusion that my FMC must already have a USB Keys Card in it for it to work in the first place (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), so now I'm back at square one.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or documentation or is willing to lead me through it so that I can get my OC FMC to work with A320FMGS. It would have to be a step by step process as this is all very new to me and I am really struggling to get my head around things, bit any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mick

Barrykensett
02-20-2016, 10:43 AM
I would need to run through it again to produce a tutorial, I found it fairly straightforward except that the apply button was off my screen and JL helped me find that. Just some first thoughts, you need to have the sim running with FSUIPC etc on to do the programming. Also I can't remember whether I had to do some changes to SIOC.ini, I already had the MCDU running with AST so did that bit some time ago.
When I got through the programming which was quite easy I found it overwrote my SIOC script. I recovered the backup and just added the line to the bottom which JL's program created.
When I have the sim running I will try to run through the process again so that I can produce a record, not just for you as I should put one in my manual anyway.
Barry

Barrykensett
02-20-2016, 10:44 AM
I am sure you have the USBKeys card already in the MCDU. I built my own MCDU using that card and I am sure there is no difference between us in the use of the card.
Barry

mickwilliams36
02-20-2016, 12:16 PM
I would need to run through it again to produce a tutorial, I found it fairly straightforward except that the apply button was off my screen and JL helped me find that. Just some first thoughts, you need to have the sim running with FSUIPC etc on to do the programming. Also I can't remember whether I had to do some changes to SIOC.ini, I already had the MCDU running with AST so did that bit some time ago.
When I got through the programming which was quite easy I found it overwrote my SIOC script. I recovered the backup and just added the line to the bottom which JL's program created.
When I have the sim running I will try to run through the process again so that I can produce a record, not just for you as I should put one in my manual anyway.
Barry

Hi Barry,

I've had a go with P3D running but am still getting the same result when I try and run SIOC Creator. I am in a similar position to you, in that I already have my FMC running with PMDG 737 and Aerosoft Airbus. The only thing I had to do was change the port to 8094 as 8092 appears tobe being used by another program.

If you could find the time to produce a tutorial I would be really grateful, as would a few others I'm sure.

Regards,

Mick

mickwilliams36
03-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Hi,

Well, I'm still having no luck getting this working. I noticed that SIOC_Creator runs an ConfigUSBkeys.ssi. Looking at mine the only text in that file is:

Var 0001, name key, Link USB_KEYS, Device 13

Is this correct, or should there be more in there?

Many thanks,

Mick

mickwilliams36
03-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Just in case this helps here are some screenshots and my sioc.ini file.

[SIOC]
IOCP_port=8092
IOCP_timeout=4000
Minimized=Yes
toggle_delay=20
[IOCARDS MODULE]
IOCard_disable=No
IOCard_LPT=No
[FSUIPC MODULE]
FSUipcdisable=No
FSUipcRefresh=60
[IOCP CLIENTS MODULES]
IOCPini_delay= 3000
IOCPclient0_disable=yes
IOCPclient0_host=localhost
IOCPclient0_port=8099
IOCPclient1_disable=yes
IOCPclient1_host=localhost
IOCPclient1_port=8092
[SOUND MODULE]
Sound_disable=Yes
Volume=100

[Configuration File]
CONFIG_FILE=.\ConfigUSBkeys.ssi
MASTER=13,13,1,28

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11276&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11277&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11278&stc=1

I really would appreciate some help with this, if it's actually possible to do.

Many thanks in advance,

Mick Williams

jeehell
03-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Try maybe putting 28 as device IDX in SIOC Creator, don't rememebr exactly all that stuff (coded long time ago).
Check in IOCP console if your MCDU produces any output as well.

JL

jeehell
03-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Also, it seems the newer MCDU do not have USBkeys inside, but rather modified master card.
I am not sure, but try replacing the line in configUSBkeys with that line:
Var 0001, name keys, Link IOCARD_KEYS, device 13

(do that after SIOC Creator creates that file and before running the next phase of configuring the MCDU keys).

JL

mickwilliams36
03-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Fantastic...thank you. I now have SIOC_Creator recognizing my button presses after changing the configUSBkeys.ssi.

Unfortunately I still appear to have a problem though. I was under the impression that the output is saved to JeeHellWare.ssi, but when I look at mine after pressing Apply Configuration all it has is: Var 0001, name key, Link USB_KEYS, Device 13

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Mick

jeehell
03-05-2016, 03:51 PM
You just need to apply the same fix to the jeehellware.ssi ...

Barrykensett
03-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Read the earlier post "getting MCDU to work with Jeehell". Hang in there, it does work!
Barry

mickwilliams36
03-06-2016, 04:37 AM
I'm happy to say that I now have a fully functioning OC FMC v3, albeit a Boeing model. Many thanks for the fantastic support. I most certainly could not have done it without you.

A very happy,

Mick