PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Kansas

Busche
01-29-2016, 01:01 PM
After watching hours of YouTube and reading forums I’m not sure where to start. This all seem overwhelming. Incredible really. Well, grandpa always said, “The way to get started is to quit talkin' and start doin' “

Cheers!

xplanematt
01-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Welcome aboard! Yes it can be a little overwhelming to start out.....six years ago I was just starting to play with Arduinos, and had not yet interfaced my first real aircraft instrument. Now I have the front of a jet in my garage and I can "start" the "engines". :) Just start simple and build on each experiment....eventually you will get so used to learning new concepts, persevering, and overcoming obstacles, that you'll feel like you can do anything! It's a wonderful hobby!

Matt

Busche
01-31-2016, 02:13 AM
Welcome aboard! Yes it can be a little overwhelming to start out.....six years ago I was just starting to play with Arduinos, and had not yet interfaced my first real aircraft instrument. Now I have the front of a jet in my garage and I can "start" the "engines". :) Just start simple and build on each experiment....eventually you will get so used to learning new concepts, persevering, and overcoming obstacles, that you'll feel like you can do anything! It's a wonderful hobby!

Matt

Matt ~ Thank you for the encouragement.

Avro748
02-02-2016, 11:55 PM
My design fell apart--twice! But now it's getting close, and soon I'll be sitting in the cockpit of an HS748 rather than a desk. My advice, don't give in and buy everything plug and play. You'll spend a lot more and learn a lot less, plus then you only have a few choices of aircraft rather than hundreds. If you need help finding dimensions, let me know. That was one of the hardest parts for me before I learned a few tricks.