PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from P3D2.4 to 3.1 Problem with installation location

SSO
01-17-2016, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

After 4 mths rebuilding the appartment (to get a propper sim room) I am getting up to speed again ;-)

I wonder if you have had the same issue as I am currently experiencing.
I have deinstalled P3Dv2.4 but still have the folders in the old location.
I have upgraded to W10 and then installed P3Dv3.1 in a new location.

I have uninstalled FMGS and renamed the old folder and subsequently installed B44.2. When doing the install it seems that the installer still is trying to access the P3Dv2 location, as I get a warning i I want to overwrite the Aircraft files. They should not be there and should really be located in the FMGS directory if I read the FMGS release notes correctly.
How do I get the FMGS installer to properly focus on the 3.1 installation?

Thanks

/Stephen

SSO
01-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Now I cleaned the registry for everything relating to v2 and tried to reinstall FMGS.
That brought me one step further but...

I get the following error message. It seems like there is a backslash "\" missing in the FMGS assembled path.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11130&stc=1
What to do?

/Stephen

jeehell
01-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Hi,

I'll have a look.

Best regards,
JL

jeehell
01-18-2016, 04:52 AM
It's strange that it tries to get into that folder with V3.X??
Are you sure you removed all other registry entries for P3D V2?

SSO
01-18-2016, 05:18 AM
It's strange that it tries to get into that folder with V3.X??
Are you sure you removed all other registry entries for P3D V2?

I deleted the whole subsection "Prepar3D v2" in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin".
This clearly made a difference to the installer as it had previously adressed the v2 directory.

/Stephen

jeehell
01-18-2016, 05:22 AM
There are other entries, off the top of my head I dont recall them, but there are other entries, worth making a registry search.

SSO
01-18-2016, 05:36 AM
Ok - I will check. I stopped there as I saw that the installer changed behaviour based on the deleted subsection ;-)

OmniAtlas
01-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Now I cleaned the registry for everything relating to v2 and tried to reinstall FMGS.
That brought me one step further but...

I get the following error message. It seems like there is a backslash "\" missing in the FMGS assembled path.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11130&stc=1
What to do?

/Stephen

Yes, the installer still wants to install the PA aircraft into Prepar3D\simobjects folder -- as you all probably know respecting directories, and their structures have taken new meaning in P3D 3.0+

I have installed the FMGS aircraft model outside P3D (its actually just in the FMGS folder), and referenced it with the P3D config files.

SSO
01-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Yes, the installer still wants to install the PA aircraft into Prepar3D\simobjects folder -- as you all probably know respecting directories, and their structures have taken new meaning in P3D 3.0+
I thought I saw in the FMGS changelog that this should no longer be the case.

I have installed the FMGS aircraft model outside P3D (its actually just in the FMGS folder), and referenced it with the P3D config files.
Where do you create this reference to an external location for Aircrafts?

I noted that ORBX also by default still installs inside the P3D directory.

/Stephen

OmniAtlas
01-18-2016, 06:33 AM
Orbx is still in their own little world.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Simobjects.cfg

SSO
01-19-2016, 05:44 PM
There are other entries, off the top of my head I dont recall them, but there are other entries, worth making a registry search.
I deleted a couple more v2 references and that seemed to do the job...