PDA

View Full Version : Old member new intro.

ermias
12-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello,

I just can't believe I was a member for ten years without dropping a single word. Any way, my name is Ermias Zemichael (many call me EZ) and I live in Philadelphia, originally from Eritrea.

I have been obsessing about aviation all my life thanks to a father who was aircraft technician for almost 37 years.

I have been building my 737 cockpit (loosely) for the last ten year, but it has gone through countless changes in terms of shape and content. I always try to make things on my own and then when I give up I go to the markets and I first try eBay.

To replace the current Saitek panels, I am currently trying to finish the pedestal avionics using real world used and decommissioned panels by interfacing them with USB cards to be used with FSX and ProSim737GC.

Here is my small website, comments are welcome.

www.ezflightsim.com (http://www.ezflighsim.com)

Thanks,
ermias

SimSupervisor
12-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Well...come?

Nice Sim. I too use car seats, works like a charm :)

xplanematt
12-07-2015, 10:25 PM
A typo in the URL is a great way to find out who is actually clicking on your link. :) Nice looking rig, you have done some good work there. I took a similar approach with my previous sim: lots of wood, car seats, numerous real aircraft panels/controls, and cool old analog radio heads. I think we even have the exact same transponder model. :) (Those analog radios are easy to interface, by the way, if you want to go that route).

Matt

ermias
12-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the comment. The analog radios are cheaper on the pocket and easier to convert than the digital ones. I am planning to use the knobs and take every thing out. Digital radios are tricky as one would try to modify them and often result in disappointment. I do this just because I want to do it my way. I know I will not save money and time going that route, but I do like the fun.
BTW: I am not sure why the URL doesn't work. Copying and pasting it on another tab will do the job.
ermias