PDA

View Full Version : IRS allign

jeddmc
10-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Hi JL

can i speed up IRS allign say about 5-7 minute ?

Thanks

digidax
10-17-2015, 05:05 AM
The time range of the trick in the user guide on page 66 is to fast for you?

best,
Frank

jeddmc
10-17-2015, 05:18 AM
Thanks digidax...i've tried that
i mean with normal situation can i reduce from 10 minute to 5 or 7 minute ?

The time range of the trick in the user guide on page 66 is to fast for you?

best,
Frank

digidax
10-17-2015, 05:35 AM
No, I think not. If you want it realistic, in real aircrafts it takes around 10 minutes.
After bringing power in the cockpit, this procedure is on of the first one. During bringing up the IRS
the outside checks can be done. After 10 min you're back and can forward with the next steps.

GoingForGold
10-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Two questions: I somewhere read that I have to enter the Dep and Dest in the MCDU within these 10mins of alignment. Is this true, or can I do this later?
And do I have to wait with something (entering route, starting engines, ...) until the alignment is done?

digidax
10-18-2015, 11:38 AM
You can enter / change Dep and Dest after align. The IRS calibration process is the "Zero Point" for your navigation. So you should start navigation by computer after successful aligment. You can fly without IRS e.g. by VFR and do your navigation by card and compass ;-) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%C3%A4gheitsnavigationssystem

EDIT:

On real aircrafts, during the 10 min of IRS allign you have to enter the current position (e.g. gate coordinates) into the MCDU. On jeehell FMGS I think it takes as the current position the location you have entered in FSX. Thats the trick ;-). If I do enter in FSX as current location LFMN and set in the MCDU EDDF/EDDC for Dep and Dest, I'm dark in remembering to get the warning "GPS Lost".

Maybe other users can give a note?