PDA

View Full Version : Autoland / Master warning / Master caution light / priority light test

OmniAtlas
09-26-2015, 11:25 PM
The Autoland light on the glareshield can be tested as per airline SOP. http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/500801-a320-autoland-light.html

Can the master warning, caution and priority light also be tested?

I would like to know if I should also wire up a 'switch' interface to the priority light if there is a light test.

In several documents I've read it seems the Autoland and priority are only alerts, but I have learned the Autoland light now also can act as a switch during the light test.

Thank you.

Ben

jeehell
09-27-2015, 12:47 PM
The priority annunciators are only LEDs, not test possible.
The MW and MC have built in switches of course as they are used to acknowledge the warnings and silence the aural warnings. Though they are not tested as the autoland feature.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
09-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Cheers, thanks JL.

OmniAtlas
09-28-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi JL, I've noticed that the 'PRIORITY LEFT' sound, and perhaps even latching occurs when I am holding the priority button even with the engines not started, and the aircraft on the ground.

Please correct me if this is the correct logic -- my assumptions is priority function only occurs after engine start and the side sticks are enabled -- I do not know where in the FCOM to look to reference.

Regards.

jeehell
09-28-2015, 10:50 AM
The locking logic is not related to the engines running in any way, since you are still supposed to fly the aircraft in case of engines out...
This is even one item the TO CONF button tests.
So no issue here.