PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Control ?

brianwilliamson
08-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Perhaps Jean Luc can give some thoughts here, as I have been looking for a decent ATC, preferably with voice, but most so far are not all that realistic.

Played around with Radar Contact some years ago, but it is not that useful, although it was written by an Atc controller I think.

So if anyone can give some thoughts on this, specifically for a cockpit, that would be great.

Regards...........................Brian W.

OmniAtlas
08-24-2015, 04:01 AM
VoxATC Brian -- you use ATC phraseology to speak with the controllers and get a response; they even assign STAR. Its as realistic as it gets for AI ATC.

brianwilliamson
08-27-2015, 02:26 AM
Thanks Ben, just been trying it out as a trial to see how it goes. Looks quite good. It needs to be able to put the Voxatc Panel onto the Ecam screen to make it a bit more usable.
Have sent a question or 2 to designer, but no reply yet.

Regards......................Brian W.

Westozy
08-28-2015, 01:45 AM
Mate you can't do better than Vatsim - real people, real instructions and proper procedures. I've become a big fan since Worldflight 2013 plus you can see all the other traffic and talk to them too if you want!
Cheers Gwyn

brianwilliamson
08-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks Gwyn, Often thought about trying Vatsim, but read a couple of comments from people in Oz that the time of day made it hard to get people on air.

Voxatc gives some rather odd heights and directions compared to real ATC, so it leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway will look into Vatsim and see how it goes.

Cheers............Brian W.

OmniAtlas
09-01-2015, 07:50 PM
If you want 24 hour real life live atc controllers I suggest pilot edge.