PDA

View Full Version : No donations made in the month of July/2015

Matt Olieman
08-01-2015, 08:48 AM
No donations made for the month of July/2015.

First time in many years. We really depend on funds from donations, SKIMBIT, and AdSense. SKIMBIT and AdSense has dwindled quite a bit over the last several years and now the donations have dwindled too.

We keep the server costs down to an absolute minimum, to lease the server by itself is $129 a month. Then we have registration fees for domain names, software and services. Running costs well over $245 a month.

If the funds are not there, it comes out of my pocket. I can't keep this up forever, I'm retired and am on a fixed income.

Any help will be appreciated.

Matt Olieman
08-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Thank you to our 2 donors yesterday for your donations. :)

Matt O.

Matt Olieman
08-04-2015, 06:33 AM
Thank you for 1 more additional donation. Much appreciated it.

Matt O.

kermit
08-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Why not ask a small fee for selling stuff
regards

Matt Olieman
08-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Why not ask a small fee for selling stuff
regards

I was hoping never to do that, but you are right, perhaps I should. :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Matt O.

No Longer Active
08-05-2015, 07:24 AM
I was hoping never to do that, but you are right, perhaps I should. :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Matt O.

Matt you should not be paying for this site out of your own pocket full stop, why should you pay for other peoples gain and benefit.

Honestly, charge a subscription fee for being a member, charge for classifieds, or charge all new members $10 per year (activate accounts once they have paid).

Matt you should not be in this situation at all, its not fair on you, the genuine members,will pay up, always, the rest can just have limited accounts if they don't contribute!

Failing this, sell the site or close it down! Its not fair on your retirement, health and personal costs!

Think of yourself for once Matt, you've always been too kind and generous! You deserve not to have the worry of this!

Alex

Matt Olieman
08-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Thanks for your support Alex, very much appreciated. :)

I will consider what you suggested.

Matt O.

Matt Olieman
10-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Speaking for all users of MyCockpit.org, I very much appreciate any donations made to MyCockpit.org.

Required funds to maintain MyCockpit.org: Approximately $245.00 a month X 4 = $735.00 a Quater

9 Total Donations
July $ 0.00
August $ 125.00
September $ 85.00
--------------------
Total $ 210.00

SKIMBIT $ 125.00
AdSense $ 0.00
--------------------
Total $ 335.00
Required $ -735.00
---------------------
Shortage $-400.00 (comes out of my pocket)

SKIMBIT and AdSense: Revenue made takes about 4 to 6 months to receive. I get to see the revenue on a daily bases. Currently SKIMBIT took a nose dive, AdSense stays steady.

SKIMBIT rules change and it effects how much funds we collect. The SKIMBIT Balance as of today is $15. It seems the revenue is down to about $3 to $4 a month.

AdSense remains steady, for now. There is a balance of $175 which we will receive the 22nd of the month.

Unfortunately I can't continue to keep this up. I don't mind putting in some money to keep MyCockpit going as long as more funds come in.

Matt O.

Geremy Britton
10-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks for this Matt. I'm sure we can look at some ideas.
All the best