PDA

View Full Version : MCDU Display areas only (without button input areas)

tomahawk66
02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi JL,

I am developing a complete set of 2-D panels for the A320 which will interface with your software, to allow its use with touchscreen monitors. This is not a networked solution, and all the panels will sit within FSX on the Server. I am doing this using XML and FSUIPC-LUA scripting, and so far, everything has been working well.

I have a potential problem with the MCDU, and in this connection I want to request you to supply (as an option) just the MCDU display areas, without the keyboard/button input areas.

This is because I am creating custom MCDU panels which will emulate all the buttons for inputs into the simulator, but for the display area I have to use what you provide. Of course, I could use the complete MCDU's that you have provided, but if I do that, then since your MCDU's lie outside FSX, keyboard focus to FSX is lost when their buttons are used, and with it the FSX sounds. So, if you could provide just the display area of the MCDU's as an option, these could be made to overlay the display areas of my MCDU panels which lie within FSX, so keyboard focus could be retained.

I know that there are two workarounds for my problem, namely: use Flight One SoundStream which enables retention of such keyboard focus, or upgrade to P3D, which does not suffer from this problem. Nevertheless, I would like to request this feature, as it would provide the least disruptive and lowest cost solution for me.

Thank you once again for your marvellous creation. :)

Regards,

Chakko.

Vonduck
02-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Hi Chakko!

This sounds fabulous indeed!

Will this be available to others or a private matter?

Cheers

Doug

Stephan Schwarz
02-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Correct me if I am understanding you wrong: there is an option in the MCDU menu (right click on the display screen) saying "display only". Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,
Stephan

tomahawk66
02-03-2015, 03:51 AM
Hi Stephan,
You understood me perfectly! :DThank you so much for telling me about this option; I hadn't noticed it till now.:oops: It 'solves the problem'!
Thank you again.
Regards,
Chakko

@Vonduck
Hi Doug,
If I can get everything working efficiently, I will post the code. It will be a while yet, though!
Chakko.