PDA

View Full Version : Updating process & PA320

SSO
01-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi Jean Luc,

happy New Year to you and all others here.

i have become uncertain about the updating process in relation to the aircraft files.
when installing to C:/A320FMGS the installation program requests to overwrite a number of files subdirectories under C:/A320FMGS.

How are the files under P3D/SimObjects/Airplanes updated?
Are you actually updating these files on a regular basis or could we just Skip the update of these files.
The reason for my particular intest in these is the manual modifications I/we have to do to lights and sound every time.

It would be great with some kind of info as early part of the installation informing what has been changed (airfiles or other) to reduce the uncertainty in regards to the above :-)

/ Stephen

Vonduck
01-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Yes agree Stephen... i had many liveries and changed the lights etc only to find they were obliterated with each update... would be good to be able to skip this or figure a simple way to restore them all..

Stephan Schwarz
01-07-2015, 05:19 AM
I have installed a livery, changed the fuel consumption value and the exits are adapted. I always skip the installation of the aircraft folder ... no problems so far.

I remember one update when it was really necessary to update the aircraft folder, then I had to make the changes again. But that was only one time until now.

Regards,
Stephan

jeehell
01-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Hi,

There are very rare times when I update the flight model, so I suggest you look on the forums, or in the readme files after update to detect these occasions...
Always have a backup of your files in any case...

Regards,
JL