PDA

View Full Version : ECAM Switcher here

marcello3wd
12-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi Jeehell

First of all thank you very much for your monumental work done with this software.

I would like to contribute a "grain of sand" with this ECAM switcher, is "freshly baked" and needs to be tested, it communicates with FSUIPC so HardwareConect is required in starter.ini

(there are two mini buttons in the corners to show/hide the borders)

I hope you like it

Best Regards

Marcello Migone

Vonduck
12-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi Marcello,

What a great switcher! I love it! Excellent program and worked without a hitch!

Couple of things -

1. How do i resize the panel?
2. How do i get it to start automatically along with the other gauges and save its position?

This is excellent stuff my friend

Thanks for doing this!

Regards

Doug

OmniAtlas
12-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Thank you for this application Marcello, I will give it a test when I get back from my Christmas holidays.

Are you planning to release other modules (gear panel, pedestal)?

These functions ons would be greatly appreciated for us that want to run 2d panels on a touch screen.

Best regards.

marcello3wd
12-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Thank you Doug for your comments

Regarding your questions:

1.-For now the switcher can not be resized (I will work on that)
2.- You can start the switcher automatically adding in the starter.ini the appropiate instruction to run external programs, see the example in the bottom of the file.
3.- For now is not possible to save the position in the screen

Regards

Marcello

marcello3wd
12-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Thank you OmiAtlas, I would like to make the gear/autobrake panel and a radio panel for this fabulous bird

Best Regards

Marcello Migone

OmniAtlas
12-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Thank you OmiAtlas, I would like to make the gear/autobrake panel and a radio panel for this fabulous bird

Best Regards

Marcello Migone

Hi Marcello, thank you. That is excellent news. With your panels I will be able to setup a touch screen simulator using jeehells software. Regards.

OmniAtlas
12-30-2014, 08:53 AM
I am back home now from my holidays and have been able to try out the new ECAM switcher, it works!

An option to resize would be fantastic. Thank you for your contribution.

I have tried to add ECAMSWITCHER=yes to starter.ini but it will not autostart; is there another option I should be using? Thank you again.

SSO
01-04-2015, 04:35 PM
I am working on a gear autobrake panel. I have it operational and connected to FMGS via EHID (see below). Just a few bits to sort out with the distribution and initialization before first release.

Next on my list was actually the ECAM switcher, the CPT glare and the ATC module.

OmniAtlas
01-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Excellent Stephen! Looking forward to your release. Thank you.

marcello3wd
01-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Hello All

Coincidentally I also developed Auto Brake and Landing Panel (attached to this post), for some reason the light for ON DECEL (offset 7393, byte 5) is not working.

Also I replaced the Brake Fan button with Landing gear switch (I believe the Brake Fan is not modeled)

Best Regards

Marcello Migone

OmniAtlas
01-23-2015, 01:21 AM
Website updated with your module Marcello.

http://flightsystem.wix.com/airbus#!resources/cisa

OmniAtlas
01-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Hello All

Coincidentally I also developed Auto Brake and Landing Panel (attached to this post), for some reason the light for ON DECEL (offset 7393, byte 5) is not working.

Also I replaced the Brake Fan button with Landing gear switch (I believe the Brake Fan is not modeled)

Best Regards

Marcello Migone

Thank you Marcello! I think we are on our way to integrating JL software for use with a flat (touch) screen setup!

I have overlayed your module with JL modules onto a MIP poster as an example --

Some suggestions --

Toggle switch to remove borders (unable to resize) should be on a right click menu bar like JL software.
Looking forward to your other ? releases (gear up/down, pedestal, throttle)

Regards,

Ben

Vonduck
01-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi Ben,

Thats great! Is it available for download mat? The touchscreen setup is also going to be the best type for me due to space and finances...

If it is, what size touch screen are you using for the above?

Cheers

Doug

OmniAtlas
01-24-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi Ben,

Thats great! Is it available for download mat? The touchscreen setup is also going to be the best type for me due to space and finances...

If it is, what size touch screen are you using for the above?

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug, not using a touch screen at the moment, but exploring using the kinect as a touch sensor - http://www.touchlesstouch.com/

You can download the A320 posters for free at http://www.jettraining.net/posters.htm and overlay JL and marcello's modules over them.

Regards,

Ben

marcello3wd
01-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Thank You OmniAtlas !!

I am very happy to contribute to this project

Best regards

Marcello Migone

marcello3wd
01-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Dinamically resize the panel is not easy, the buttons are actually static images (I have not found an easy way to do it with Delphi)

Another option is that I can change the size to match your panel requirement, please send me this info.

I'm working now developing an interface between my Goflight EFIS and MCP PRO to use directly with Jeehell FMGS

Best Regards

Marcello Migone

MichaelVienna
02-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi Marcello!

Thanks for these two modules!

But I cannot get ECAMSWITCHER or AUTOLNDBRK working (connected). It displays "IPC request contains bad data" . In Starter.ini I set HardwareConnect=yes. Is anything else to to? Maybe another thing: when I installed Jeehell FMGS first, I didn't check "FSUIPC Support". So I installed it again with FSUIPC selected. I use W7 with FSX (SP1+2).

Best Regards

Michael

marcello3wd
03-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Hello Michael

It seems FSUIPC connector problem

-Please reinstall FSUIPC with the latest version.
-Test with Wideclient.exe (download from FSUIPC website, remember to configure wideclient.ini)

Hope this help

Best Regards

Marcello

MichaelVienna
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Hi Marcello!

Thanks for your help! Does that mean FSUIPC has to be installed (and registered) to use ECAMSWITCHER and AUTOLNDBRK? At the moment I've only installed FSX and Jeehell FMGS.

Best regards,

Michael

OmniAtlas
03-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Hi Marcello, do you know where the window settings (.ini files?) are stored for your ECAM and AUTOBRAKE?

They've disappeared off my desktop (they appear on the desktop), and I can't rearrange them so they are visible.

Thanks.

masterp
08-09-2015, 11:19 PM
It seem Ecam switcher does not work with B40 or B41, do anyone has the same problem? Thanks

marcello3wd
08-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Hi,

Yes, the Ecam switcher does not work since the FSUIPC offsets were changed.

I updated the software with new offsets but still not working.

Perhaps Jeehel can give us some guideline how to use the new offsets because it seems that the Ecam logic was modified.

Regards

Marcello

jeehell
08-10-2015, 02:11 PM
It's quite easy: each button has now button pushed in and and button released offsets.
You must use those 2 events to tell the FMGS that the user pushed the button (selects tha page) then released the button (allows other buttons to then work).

however, FSUIPC has it's own delay, added by a delay in my own software. So if you don't put a delay yourself between the events, the pushed in action will be overwritten by the released action, and my software will only see the released event...

JL

marcello3wd
08-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Jeehell, thank you very much !!

I will insert a delay between the push an release event.

Regards

Marcello

marcello3wd
08-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Dear All

Please test this reworked version for B40 and above.
Thanks to Jeehell for your help!

Regards

Marcello Migone

masterp
08-11-2015, 02:47 AM
GREAT Thanks JL and Marcello !!! :)

masterp
08-13-2015, 12:19 AM
ECAM Switcher & Autobrake working great on my touch screen :]] B41.2
Thanks so much JL & Marcello :)
Do you plan to create more panels Marcello?

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10545&stc=1

stubenflieger
08-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Hello,
on my computer the ECAM Switcher does not work - It starts but I cannot see it (it is running (see it in my task bar) but I dont see the switcher). I am not shure if this is because I use 2 external USB Graphic cards - could this be the reason?
Thanks
Regards
Markus

masterp
03-17-2016, 02:00 PM
deleted---

chachi
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM
I all

Does ECAM Switcher works with B46?

Thanks

Regards

Antonio

masterp
01-08-2017, 10:49 PM
I all

Does ECAM Switcher works with B46?

Thanks

Regards

Antonio

Yes it works with B46, I have just checked last night.

chachi
01-09-2017, 07:01 AM
Yes it works with B46, I have just checked last night.

Thanks for your quick reply Masterp

So the problem is mine because I cant make it work

Any instalation guide or advice to make it work?

I have 2 networked pc and ECAM Switcher in the "client" one

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Antonio

masterp
01-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Can you try again with attachment on post #25 of this thread since B40 offset has been changed.

Also make sure WideFS is connected.

chachi
01-10-2017, 05:21 AM
Can you try again with attachment on post #25 of this thread since B40 offset has been changed.

Also make sure WideFS is connected.

Thank you for your help Masterp, it was a FSUIPC error. I reinstalled it and worked perfect.

On the other hand... Do you know if it only works in the server pc or there is some way to make it work on a client pc

Thanks again

Regards

Antonio

masterp
01-10-2017, 05:39 AM
Antonio,
Make sure your client PC has the same workgroup with your server PC (Right click on My computer and see the Workgroup name), then WideFS will work.
I am now using Ecam switcher on client PC.
Good luck!

chachi
01-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Antonio,
Make sure your client PC has the same workgroup with your server PC (Right click on My computer and see the Workgroup name), then WideFS will work.
I am now using Ecam switcher on client PC.
Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help Masterp

Everything is working like a charm now

Regards

Antonio

chachi
05-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Hi all

Ive got a little problem with Autobrake panel

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12332&stc=1

Any help please?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

gleichi
01-05-2019, 11:14 PM
Hi Stephen!

Great work! Unfortunately i have a Problem. I Start the Ecamswitcher on Network PC with FMGS OVHD. I push a Button, the ECAM Page would be displayed. So, when i want to Open another page, didnt work. The First selected page remains. Nothing happens.

Idea?

Greets
Tom

masterp
01-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Hi Stephen!

Great work! Unfortunately i have a Problem. I Start the Ecamswitcher on Network PC with FMGS OVHD. I push a Button, the ECAM Page would be displayed. So, when i want to Open another page, didnt work. The First selected page remains. Nothing happens.

Idea?

Greets
Tom

The latest FMGS version has included the ECAM software panel itself. So you can open ECAM from network PC.