PDA

View Full Version : Old MCDU and FCU from flightdecksolution with FMGS

anzabon
12-04-2014, 05:03 AM
Hello guys,

I have bought an old MCDU and a FCU (Flightdecksolution) over ebay last year.
Now my questions:
- Does this old MCDU from 2006? work with Jeehell FMGS and how to connect it? I know, the old keyboard layout is different from the FMGS MCDU layout.
- Does the old FCU (I believe G2) also work with Jeehell FMGS?

Maybe via iitcreator?
And do I have to use SimConnect for connecting InterfaceIT hardware on my remote PC to my FMGS Server?

Lot of questions i know. Thank you for your patience and time.
Regs, Bon

OmniAtlas
12-04-2014, 06:11 AM
I would e-mail Steve at FDS. I understand the new MCDU from FDS work; if not much has change between the iteration of the devices then it shouldn't be an issue.

Spoony
04-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Hello guys,

I have bought an old MCDU and a FCU (Flightdecksolution) over ebay last year.
Now my questions:
- Does this old MCDU from 2006? work with Jeehell FMGS and how to connect it? I know, the old keyboard layout is different from the FMGS MCDU layout.
- Does the old FCU (I believe G2) also work with Jeehell FMGS?

Maybe via iitcreator?
And do I have to use SimConnect for connecting InterfaceIT hardware on my remote PC to my FMGS Server?

Lot of questions i know. Thank you for your patience and time.
Regs, Bon

Hello, i have the same problem now. Is there a way to use that MCDU with Jehell?

OmniAtlas
04-01-2015, 07:41 PM
I have a 2015 FDS MCDU model. Instructions may be different for your model. right click on iitcreator (make sure you install all the FDS drivers first), select the board as MCDU.

It should activate next time hardware connect starts up.

Spoony
04-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Thank you...do u have a download link for that iit-creator please?

Can't find it on google.

OmniAtlas
04-02-2015, 01:56 AM
When you install JL FMGS you need to install the FDS support modules.

Spoony
04-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Thank u for your help, but i think my MCDU is to old. IIT-Creator didn't find my hardware.

But i found another way with FSUIPC. I saved the keys with Jehells offsets (78EC) in FSUIPC (Key Presses) with this function:

"Offset Dword Setbits"

Now it works. I hope it will also work via WideFS. But i will have to buy 2 more PCs for that trial :)

Barrykensett
04-17-2015, 12:04 PM
I have the same problems. I can try the above solution for the old FDS MCDU. Going back to the original post I also have the FCU with the G2 card for which I have the drivers and up to now I use the AST interface program which has always had bugs so finding a way to use that in Jeehell will remove another obstacle to progress. I then still have one more problem and that is that I use Flight Deck Technology Simboards which are no longer made and supported; pity because they are really good. I have the drivers which only work in XP and the software has menu items to use with AST which work well. I am sure it must be possible to make them work in Jeehell but I don't know how to go about it. I know for items which are not on the menu I can go into the .ini file and make alterations so presumably I can change the AST offsets to Jeehell ones but this is not really my area of expertise. Has anyone else tried this?
Barry
www.a320sim.com

Swiss1673
06-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Thank u for your help, but i think my MCDU is to old. IIT-Creator didn't find my hardware.

But i found another way with FSUIPC. I saved the keys with Jehells offsets (78EC) in FSUIPC (Key Presses) with this function:

"Offset Dword Setbits"

Now it works. I hope it will also work via WideFS. But i will have to buy 2 more PCs for that trial :)

Same problem here.... I guess you have to run some Tekworkx dll for the CDU. Which one did you use? Otherwise the CDU will not run without a proper dll...!?

Cheers
Daniel

OmniAtlas
06-05-2015, 11:11 AM
I have the same problems. I can try the above solution for the old FDS MCDU. Going back to the original post I also have the FCU with the G2 card for which I have the drivers and up to now I use the AST interface program which has always had bugs so finding a way to use that in Jeehell will remove another obstacle to progress.
Barry
www.a320sim.com (http://www.a320sim.com)

Hi Barry, any idea if the new FDS FCU (G3) is fully compatible with JL FMGS and all features are functioning?

Thank you,

Ben

artin1993
06-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Hi guys :)

I recently moved my whole sim from AST software to JeeHell and what a difference :) The only issue is that for two days now I am having problems with MCDU. I have very old FDS MCDU like the one from OP and when I connect it by checking CPT MCDU in IITcreator the keyboard works perfect but display and backlight is completely off. I tried batteries on, External power on and APU on - none have worked. When I use FDS CDU controler it works perfect but only letters are input in MCDU.

Could anyone clarify to me:
1. Should I have any FDS modules/controllers installed besides what installs with JeeHell?
2. If MCDU inputs correctly and all ELEC power is ON what can be the reason MCDU stay dark?

Hope you guys can help me as this is a bit frustrating because JeeHell made marvelous software and this MCDU does not allow me to fully enjoy it...

Best,
Robert

OmniAtlas
06-24-2015, 05:04 AM
Hi Robert,

It would be best to personally discuss with JL.

He can provide you with an IIT_Test.exe software which can debug your hardware.

Swiss1673
06-24-2015, 07:36 AM
I have also "old" FDS-CDU's they are not working with the current driver (dll) provided by FMGS. But i found a Solution:

First, I let run the CDU's with the current FDS CDU Software and with the AST dll. That provide the start and backlight for the CDU's. But all LSK and RSK's are not working even the bigger (INIT, DIR PERF etc.) Buttons are also not working. Just the numbers and characters have no issue at all.

So, since we run the CDU's over the network, we are using WideFS and we config the widefs.ini with following parameters:

TN=<keycode>,<shifts>

Please check the User Manual for WideFS and search for: ButtonKeys

With that, you are able to program for each Button / Key a Offset (according to FMGS offsets 78EC / <value> using "Offset Byte Set") in FSUIPC. So you can program all the missing buttons directly in FSUIPC (each for CPT and F/O).

Very important: you have to program a "push" and a "release" with the same offset, otherwise you have to push each button twice!

Cheers
Daniel

artin1993
06-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks Daniel!

This works almost perfect. Only RSK6 is somehow not working. The problem seems to be that WideClient can't register it. In the log I get "Error: failed to register ButtonKey T126=123,8". Any ideas on that one? I am almost there as all other buttons work like a charm :)

Robert

artin1993
06-25-2015, 07:40 AM
I found a solution with help of Pete Dawson. See here:
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/79628-problem-with-buttonkeys-on-widefs/

Swiss1673
06-26-2015, 10:52 AM
I found a solution with help of Pete Dawson. See here:
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/79628-problem-with-buttonkeys-on-widefs/

Robert

Great research!! I will change my system according your Thread on the Fsuipc Forum. But, im sure my Button is working well in FMGS. Strange, i have to check this again.....

Daniel

bindook
07-02-2015, 04:50 AM
Has any1 been able to get the old fcu (G2) working?If so how?Thanks

Swiss1673
07-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Has any1 been able to get the old fcu (G2) working?If so how?Thanks

I have a CPFlight, so I can not really help..... But - If you have a driver which is providing Offsets over the network (f.E Wilco Bus, AST, PM etc.) then you can create a Lua Script (FSUIPC) to convert the current offsets to offsets matching the FMGS FCU needs. If that works very well for the rotary encoders, no idea....

Cheers
Daniel

bindook
07-03-2015, 08:48 PM
ok thanks will look in to it.