PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Radeon R9 Graphics Card with FSX?

lmaster
10-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Hi all,

I need to upgrade my system, and I'm considering a Radeon R9 graphics card.

Anyone using one?

Looking for stutter/driver problems, as normally Nvdia is considered more suited to FSX. However the new R9 295x2 is awesome and a lot cheaper than the equivalent Nvidia Titan Z.

Any comments appreciated...

Thanks!

brianwilliamson
11-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Use only Nvidia with FSX. Most experts ( I am not one ) will give you that advice.

Cheers...................Brian W.

AndyCYXU
11-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Don't bother with Titans waste of money for fsx/p3d purpouses look into 980 and 780ti is my minimum recommendation. Also since you mention you want to go multi monitor 970 could be a better choice then 780ti as I think they perform about the same and 980 has more VRAM which is beneficial in multi monitor use.
also as far as stutter free Fsx well there is a fix for it! It's calked prepar3d LOL I just recently moved and Fsx is history for me.
I got it working with my cockpit and ngx737 all sliders nearly Max with some ai planes, voxatc rex4 direct, ASN, pmdg737, ORBX ,oc4ba I get worst 12FPS landing using 8 monitors 3of then are in surround so really I use 5 displays total using older 2700k cpu over clocked mind you to 4.9ghz , I love it I never go back to Fsx :)
now when pmdg releases official p3d I am hoping for better performance yet ..
i earlier mentioned 12fps and all though it seems super low in p3d it is not a stuttering slideshow like you would expect from Fsx at 12 FPS lol
anyways good luck and you can try p3d for free well I should say you get a refund ..
in a nutshell p3d is just the next version of Fsx but the 2014 version and if I set my sliders to make p3d look like Fsx I would not be getting no 12 FPS more like 30+ and silly smooth !!!
good luck !

lmaster
02-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedbacks, I went forward and I buyed the amd graphics. Just in case it may be of interest for someone in the future: I'm using the Radeon R9 295x2 model, and until now and I had absolutely no problems. Installation and config were super easy and it all runs smoothly with FSX.

Even the ancient clouds problem normally associated with amd graphic cards, are not a problem, I'm using Active Sky N and Rex Textures and no problems.

Joao