PDA

View Full Version : Arduino and Jeehell?

MaHo12345
10-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Gooday:D

I just made a new account on this website, due to the fact that I'm going to use JeeHell for my homecockpit. It seems to be a very nice software, many thanks for it! Now I wanted to know, if I can use Arduino in JeeHell? How can I get them working togheter? I have some few basics of Arduino but I don't get how I should connect these two togheter. I neither found anything in the documentation nor on this webpage. Do I have to use other I/O Boards for this software? I like Arduino because it's pretty easy to use. Should I use Arcaze I/O's or even OC I/O's? My aim is it to build a 1:1 Homecockpit of a A320 based on low budget.

I hope you are able to answer the questions with the given information.

Many Thanks
Martin from the cold Switzerland:D

Stephan Schwarz
10-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Hi Martin,

I have built my low cost HC with Arcaze until now, but due to bad support I also think about to continue new projects with arduino. Maybe you want to take a look here http://www.mobiflight.de/ This soft supports both Arcaze and Arduino.

Regards
Stephan

MaHo12345
10-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Hello Stephan

Fist of all, thank you very much for your quick answer. I haven't seen this software before. This software is basically for interfacing the Arduino Board with the FSX, right? Do I only need the FSX, FSUIPC in terms of software for the homecockpit? My idea was it, to have more than one computer for my homecockpit to divide the A320 cockpit in different parts (e. g. PC 1 for the FSX view, PC 2 for the MIP instruments and so on). Will this be also possible with this software? Or can I use this software to let it work together with JeeHell? What are the possibities?

Best regards

Martin

Stephan Schwarz
10-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi Martin,

yes it contains a Firmware for the Arduino board as well as a Connector Software to be used with FSUIPC. All you want to do is possible, I have a very similar setup:

- main PC running FSX, FMGS Server, Sound , Overhead, all Arcazes and other hardware like Joysticks
- second PC running the PFD/ND via network
- third PC running the EWD/SD and MCDU via network

I think it is only necessary to connect the Arcaze /Arduino hardware to the PC which is running FMGS server; please correct me if I am wrong, I never tried it in another way :)

Regards,
Stephan

MaHo12345
10-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi Stephan

That sounds great! I think, I make a similar setup myself. Do you use the Arcaze board in MobiFlight to work togheter with JeeHell or do you directly connect it directly to the JeeHell software? If so, how do you connect it exactly? An do you only use the FSX for the view or also for addons like the Airbus X Extended or the Wilco airbus? Basically my question is, how did you all connect that together...

I really appreciate your help!

Regards,

Martin

Stephan Schwarz
10-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Currently I use the MFConnector for controlling the my 7 Segment displays and the LEDs.
Arcaze boards are configured as gamepads with a specific Arcaze soft. F.e. a button which is connected to the Arcaze is recognized as a gamepad button when pressed, this button push can be assigned in the JeeHell setup for a specific event.

Arduino should work in a similar way, but as I do not own an Arduino by now I can only assume.

I have a triple screen setup with nvidia surround for the outside view plus three displays for PFD/ND, EWD/SD and a small 8" touch screen for the MCDU.

It is not possible to use ASX or Wilco with FMGS; there is a special Project Airbus in the setup included which needs to be used.

Last but not least I invite you to visit my small blog to get an idea of my pit; you find it at http://a320.schwarz-stephan.de (start at the end of the page to see the progress in steps)

Regards,
Stephan

MaHo12345
11-02-2014, 05:45 AM
Ok, thank you very much for your help, now I think I'll manage the first steps.

Regards
Martin

PS: Your website is very nice and helpful!